Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the ignition off, the wipers do not return to the home position. I recently had the egg in for service.

Please advise.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
When I turn the ignition off, the wipers do not return to the home position. I recently had the egg in for service.

Please advise.
First check the stalk position, if it is at the "OFF." It is normal for wipers to twitch a bit when turning off ignition.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Stalk is good. I even put it in service position then ran it through a cycle but no luck.
How do you try to bring the wipers back to normal position from service position? By turning the ignition on and tapping down once the stalk again?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
How far up from the home position are we talking here? Mine go up and down by about 3-4 cm at the wiper tip. I believe this only happens when it's in the auto setting. They'll move when the engine is started or shut off.

If yours are staying up on the windshield, it's possible the dealer popped off the wiper arms during service and didn't install them correctly. Check your service record to see if any items required wiper removal.

·
Registered
59 Posts
How far up from the home position are we talking here? Mine go up and down by about 3-4 cm at the wiper tip. I believe this only happens when it's in the auto setting. They'll move when the engine is started or shut off.
My 08 V8 does this too. Pretty irritating. So the wiper stalk positioning has something to do with this? I have it set on OFF.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The vehicle cycles the "position" of the wiper laying angle everytime the vehicle is started. This is to keep the wipers from folding and skipping (last longer).
So wiper stalk position has no effect? Wish there was a way to disable it if not.

·
Super Moderator
9,562 Posts
So wiper stalk position has no effect? Wish there was a way to disable it if not.
It is actually a good feature and it is not hurting anything. Just allowing your wiper blades to last longer. Don't stress it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts