Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AFS headlights will not turn as I drive. They do their "dance" correctly when I turn them on (I have an Eos with the same headlights) but will not follow when I'm driving forward and turning the wheel.

The cornering lights turn on correctly. There are no warnings on the color display or lights on the instrument cluster.

Any ideas of what to check next? No Ross Tech yet, so I can't check modules. :- (

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't find anything under either Lighting or elsewhere to change to LHD or RHD. <shrug>

I was in town tonight. I'll have to try the high beam "swerve" test another time. Perhaps these lights aren't as obvious as my Eos. On the Eos, it's really obvious (to me, at least!) when they swing.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A scan showed no error codes in the headlight module. I just connected over the wifi connection, so I couldn't dive too deep into modules and such.

I drove around this evening and wiggled the steering (after checking to make sure there were no other cars, uh, cops, around! LOL!) and I think the headlights may be following, but certainly not as much as my Eos does. This weekend I will have more time to dive deeper into VCDS on my laptop. Seems like the wifi doesn't allow for much unless you REALLY know what you're doing and have memorized data point locations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.