Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AFS headlights will not turn as I drive. They do their "dance" correctly when I turn them on (I have an Eos with the same headlights) but will not follow when I'm driving forward and turning the wheel.

The cornering lights turn on correctly. There are no warnings on the color display or lights on the instrument cluster.

Any ideas of what to check next? No Ross Tech yet, so I can't check modules. :- (

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Definitely sounds like you need a scan.

·
Registered
805 Posts
If there is an AFS error, you will see it in your MFD. The fact that you don't see one leads me to believe you have an incorrect setting .

Check the menu in your MFD - look under Lighting. There is a toggle in there somewhere for RH Drive / LH Drive that can create the same situation you describe. Make sure it's set to LH Drive.

Also, turn your high beams on some night, drive slowly (30ish) on a lightly used road (safety!) and turn the wheel back and forth - 12 oclock to 9 oclock, over to 3 oclock, back to 9 oclock. The car is going to swerve some.... I noticed on my 08 that the AFS was a lot more noticeable with the high beams on than the low beams.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Good info Ameoba. I missed that there wasn't a dash error. You will def have an error as My VW CC with AFS had a module go bad but the error showed up immediately on dash. I agree check settings in the MFD menu.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't find anything under either Lighting or elsewhere to change to LHD or RHD. <shrug>

I was in town tonight. I'll have to try the high beam "swerve" test another time. Perhaps these lights aren't as obvious as my Eos. On the Eos, it's really obvious (to me, at least!) when they swing.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Bummer that it wasn't an easy fix..... Keep us updated!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Ross Tech ordered. It's "cheaper" when you can "spread it out" over 3 different vehicles. LOL!
Wise choice with the vagcom purchase. I also three VAG vehicles to use mine on. It makes it more cost effective.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Ross Tech ordered. It's "cheaper" when you can "spread it out" over 3 different vehicles. LOL!
I've saved SO much money and time over the years with my VAG-COM (VCDS now) cable. Love it. Uwe and the team are awesome too! Best money I ever spent on my VW's (wife has a CC 4mo, owned many VW's over the years)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A scan showed no error codes in the headlight module. I just connected over the wifi connection, so I couldn't dive too deep into modules and such.

I drove around this evening and wiggled the steering (after checking to make sure there were no other cars, uh, cops, around! LOL!) and I think the headlights may be following, but certainly not as much as my Eos does. This weekend I will have more time to dive deeper into VCDS on my laptop. Seems like the wifi doesn't allow for much unless you REALLY know what you're doing and have memorized data point locations.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.