Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am selling the factory DVD based RNS2 VW Navigation system from my Touareg. This unit is a US unit with factory map DVD and back up camera. The unit came out of my 2008 V10 Touareg. I am only selling it because i just installed a new Navigation System.

VW Part number: 7L6 035 177 D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,219 Posts
As per the forum classified rules please state an asking price.

·
MLaRu
41 Posts
What did you install?

I am a 2008 Touareg 2 owner with nav? Curious to know what you replaced for the RNS2 nav unit. Did you modify the spto to install it or was it a perfect fit?
Thanks for any info you can give.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
will this fit on a 2006 touareg?

Fit Yes, Work Properly NO. Reason - 2008 is a CAN 2.0 and 2004-2007's were CAN 1.6. If you are looking for an OEM Touareg DVD Nav/Radio unit for your 2006 you should be looking for 2005.5-2007 Units - Pre-2005.5 were CD Navigation Units.

Even with a Can 2.0-1.6 adapter you will not get full functionality - like steering wheel controls and such.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a 2008 V8 and live near rockford il. I might be interested, but my question is if it is already wired? and would it be a simple swap and would everthing work properly. I do not have nav, now. I am also curious is the dynaudio would work with the nav,

·
Registered
55 Posts
For what its worth, I purchased this unit this week from tmolloy and it's already been shipped. I asked him the same questions since I couldn't get a kenwood to work in my 08, and he said he had the unit installed by a shop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I havent responded until now. As AcousticD already stated, I sold him the unit. The nav system I had installed is a Kenwood unit and it works great.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Navigation receiver

Hi i'm new at this forum, i'm from NYC and just bought the 2008 VW Touareg VR6 FSI Galapagos Grey, (no Navigation) i would like to put the Nav. Receiver. How good as been the Kenwood Nav. receiver? I'm looking at the JVC KW-NT3HDT, wich one is better for that car? They also selling after market VW Touareg Nav (like the original)... from a China based company named Kolertron i think for like about $540...any suggestions? Thanks in advance !:confused:

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Hi i'm new at this forum, i'm from NYC and just bought the 2008 VW Touareg VR6 FSI Galapagos Grey, (no Navigation) i would like to put the Nav. Receiver. How good as been the Kenwood Nav. receiver? I'm looking at the JVC KW-NT3HDT, wich one is better for that car? They also selling after market VW Touareg Nav (like the original)... from a China based company named Kolertron i think for like about $540...any suggestions? Thanks in advance !:confused:
Just saw my brothers Kenwood unit he put in the Excursion...one word, Awesome!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts