Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
For starers, i believe it is not an R50, just a cosmetic job. No R50s ever went to the Americas to my knowledge unless a private import.A few things don't match even just on that photo. Lower grill colour, wheels, chrome bars in front of intercoolers and wrong brakes for starters. John

·
Registered
599 Posts
It's not a real r50. It is a 2008 v10 with the kit. Pedal covers were replaced as well. Not sure if he had to do the driveshaft. Truck is originally from Manheim in Riverside California

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
That's a "run away like hell" car then!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Do you recall what was specific engine problems he was experiencing?
An 08 V10 with an R50 kit is for sale in Burnaby and I am suspecting it is your buddies old truck.

2008 Volkswagen Touareg R50 - Burnaby
I ended up owning it and selling it to the current owner. Turbos were leaking, that's been fixed, also had an issue with ball joint and one airbag. All fixed.

I think there is only 1 issue with intermitten problems with 1 turbo Sensor. Otherwise it runs and drives great.

Dpf delete is done, and it's been running a higher content zinc oil. The motor is a lot quieter than most v10s because of this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. Btw your R50 builds are unreal.

With the history that you have, would you steer clear? Curious what you would price this 08 at?

Thanks again

·
Registered
599 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. Btw your R50 builds are unreal.

With the history that you have, would you steer clear? Curious what you would price this 08 at?

Thanks again
My personal opinion, the kit alone is worth 5k. So pricing is definitely in the ballpark. He has done additional work since purchasing.

Reason I sold it is I got my grey one back lol.

If you want a v10 this truck is originally from California. It's spent the last decade or so in BC. All work was done by the mechanics who do the work for SR auto in Richmond. It needs minor attention to certain things but it is a great truck.

I was under the impression it had sold to a gentleman from Quebec but if you're still looking at it perhaps it's available.

It's prob one of the lowest mileage ones you're going to find....

·
Registered
3 Posts
My personal opinion, the kit alone is worth 5k. So pricing is definitely in the ballpark. He has done additional work since purchasing.

Reason I sold it is I got my grey one back lol.

If you want a v10 this truck is originally from California. It's spent the last decade or so in BC. All work was done by the mechanics who do the work for SR auto in Richmond. It needs minor attention to certain things but it is a great truck.

I was under the impression it had sold to a gentleman from Quebec but if you're still looking at it perhaps it's available.

It's prob one of the lowest mileage ones you're going to find....
The ad says its been up for 6 weeks so it could very well be long gone. Do you think DPF delete would be an issue for an out of province inspection (from Alberta)?

I appreciate all the info. If you ever get the urge to move one of your v10s shoot me a message!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm not sure what Alberta's inspections are like. Being the truck is a 2008 I'm not even sure if the inspectors would be looking for them? But I don't know forsure...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts