Club Touareg Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I'm driving down from Estes Park with my daughter's Huskies. Hopefully she'll ride with us on Monday so that we can have a snow event with all the other snow dogs. I figure it's too much to handle dad and the pups all week long.

Also invested in an Xjack but no compressor yet. Thought I might cobble up a sock to block one of the exhaust pipes. Will the Xjack hose fit over the V10 exhaust?

See you at dinner Sunday!

Laurence

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
on the road now outside of parachute on I 70. B there by 7:30.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Pre-arrival day report...

Got into Ouray around 1:30 - fully loaded including some groceries from Durango's City Market. Then began to head back to Ducketts for other items we could not fit earlier. Duckett's is the lone Ouray market.

So we are at the corner of 5th and Main - and as we wait to pull out onto Main, I see a black Touareg with big tires pass right by, I turn left onto Main following one block behind.... Black Touareg turns left on to sixth, I turn onto sixth, Black Touareg turns onto 2nd, I turn onto 2nd, then we do 5th again,, finally Black Touareg turns right on main and almost as the end of my chase effort, I see the Black Touareg pull into a hotel a block away ---- gotcha... Yeah, it was Rick and Ann checking out all the haunts.

I later met up with Chris, Rick and Ann, then Hap and family show up... unload, chat, get some cool stuff, then let them finish their night.

The FJ National Summit was going on a few blocks away - outdoor venue tents and well over 100 FJ's (like 150) on that side of town. FJs everywhere else. Met up with FJ organizer MuddyGrl (neighbor at the condo)... other FJ'ers I know from other forums - including Frogeye, the guy who loses his change in the video on Hells Gate, and 1LegLance of Disabled Explorers.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the Touareg crowd. We got to reclaim Ouray and get these FJ's outa here!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
OK. it's 4:40am in Vegas, and 90 degrees. According to the liars at the Weather channel, Ouray isn't supposed to be over 75-ish this week. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!

TheMadHatter made it up here yesterday evening from SoCali. We're rolling at 9 from the speedway, which should put us in Ouray around 8pm or so with stops. Keep a couple plates hot ;)

See y'all soon!!
Matt

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
Billie and I will roll out of SLC about 9:30 and expect to be in Ouray about 4ish. We will be making a lunch stop in Grand Junction at the brew pub. After that straight to Ouray and the Warehouse. Looking forward to seeing everyone. :joy:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Woke up at 6:00 am to hear a bunch of FJ's queing up on Main Street. A full block of Main from 5th to 6th was blocked off for a massive group shot for the FJ National Summit. I counted 13 rows of 8 plus a scattering of front vehicles, for around 110 FJ's. A crane was used to platform the photographers.

Yeti - there is a big orange Toyota Racing Development hauler parked in front of the Warehouse. Get over quick so we can move that thing!!!!!!

....by sunset the streets will be seeing a bunch of Touaregs.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
yes, it is. We watched it come up thanks to Sophia and her 5 am wake up.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Ah crap, now back to real life...

Well, I'm back safe and sound in Vegas. TheMadHatter and I split up at the I-15/US-95 split just after 6:00pm PDT today, and I pulled in and started unloading at 6:30 in the 99-degree evening broil. So, roughly 10 hours on the road with stops. Unfortunately, some rain in Utah washed off a bit of my mud splatter, so I don't have as much to show off at work come Monday. Good thing I have photographic proof to show off!

I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for making it a great rally! I truly had an incredible time, both on the trails and just hanging out with you all!

Take care everyone,
Matt

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
I wish I could move my job to Ouray for the temperature here in SLC sucks!! It was 103 when we rolled into the valley and now my cooling in the house is from the AC rather then natural mountain air.

I had a great time as always and I felt even more relaxed this year. It was nice seeing everyone again and also meeting some new people from previous years. It was a blast running the trails with Rick and Hap as leaders. That last run on Friday was was cool even though it made me a bit nervous once we got to the top with the weather rolling in.

I hope everyone got home safely. Billie and I are already looking forward to next year. Maybe we can get her on the trails for three days next year. ;) Now I just need to get the interior of my car clean again so I don't mind driving it anymore. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Missed you all

Commute to and from work this past week was difficult. Ride height selection switched to "HIGH" once or twice --- people honking woke me from my fantasy. I was with you in spirit. Wedding was nice, but I much rather would have been with you all in Ouray.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
9:00 am lineup today?

:lol:

·
Registered
591 Posts
At 9AM Ouray time, I was a Discount Tire AGAIN....but not a bad deal. With one brand new one on the ground and 1 brand new one for the 2nd flat, I just bought 2 more new ones and have 4 new ones on the ground + a good spare for $575. Barring any future occurrences, that should last the life of the TREG.

Life is good if you don't weaken!

Anybody need any baled Bermuda grass??? :p:p

Rick

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
A great candid pic from the rally. The dogs were ready to eat any survivors:

121 - 136 of 136 Posts
About this Discussion
135 Replies
18 Participants
aircooled
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing