Club Touareg Forum banner

81 - 100 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think they started on Corkscrew last week with a 10-day schedule. But no telling what reality is. We should start picking up big clues from the FJ Summit in the next couple days.

Your thought about packing additional survival gear is good. The area will certainly be very wet, sloppy, and one good slide could definitely make the trip more interesting.

As previously noted, we have the comms if we need to call in any rescues.

Nice Pic !

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Laugh. My. @$$. Off!

That was great! Sorry Yeti :)

Matt

I'm with Matt. I like ya Yeti, but Aircooled's comment was freakin' hysterical. :p

These are the things that makes this event so damn much fun!

Cheers and beers! :)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
All in good fun!

That weather forcast doesn't look too bad, but past experience has shown that the monsoonal flow has a mind of it's own.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Just pulled out the old Bridgestone tires out of storage for rotation and they were pretty skinny on tread. Considering that I was going to have two new tires, it's probably best for the ol' AWD system to get back to a matching radius all 'round. Besides, I'll need the extra height and tread this year.

·
Registered
591 Posts
well, things may be looking up. Below is a report off Bushduck's (thanks, Hap) on Corkscrew Pass. I bet the bottom portion is muddier than the devil. Yippee!

7/11/08 - The trail is open all the way and boy, is it beautiful!! We were told that it just opened, so I don't know exactly when it opened. Very little traffic across it right now. Some switchbacks could be slippery if wet, but we had no trouble. Obvious avalanche damage evident by debris left in the streams and low lying areas.

See Y'all this weekend.

Rick

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Are you going for the Revo's again?

Also, The weather forecast is still shifting around a bit. Two days ago, it showed showers on Monday and Tuesday. One thing I did learn last year was what will happen will happen, regardless of where you're at. The storm on Friday last year is evidence of this.

Just gotta roll with it, and be prepared! ;)

Matt

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Matt, yep, I already have two good REVOs with full tread, so I might as well. I've been very happy with them. The taller size might have been better, but again I already have two good ones.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Heh, the monsoon already kicking in pretty well in Phoenix and Las Vegas. I expect the usual thunderstorms in the afternoon - although with continuing winter melt-off I expect roaring creeks.

I found a YouTube the other day of our favorite Imogene trailhead stream coming over the top of a Jeep's 34's or 35's.

See -
about 0:58 in. Pix of Imogene later in the video.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Gee, Karl. Do you ever Work???

The conditions in the video look a lot better than I was thinking.

More stoked than ever now!

Rick

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I think we need a highest-into-the-snowbank plowing contest.

Rick - sometimes I'll write a line of code between postings :-lll

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
True on all counts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i wish i planned this in advance, i m going to miss out on the rally :(

Good luck to everyone, be safe and take a lots of picutres!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
i wish i planned this in advance, i m going to miss out on the rally :(

Good luck to everyone, be safe and take a lots of picutres!
Thanks,, Rally though would be ideal for learning. But just keep watching the space, we have been doing some other gatherings in the west - Moab in particular, but other places are on the memo list.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Argh! The Touareg is still in the shop, a week and a half after I dropped it off. Hopefully, I'll get it in time for the Rally . . .

·
Super Moderator
9,364 Posts
Argh! The Touareg is still in the shop, a week and a half after I dropped it off. Hopefully, I'll get it in time for the Rally . . .
Just use the Volvo, we have tow straps. :p :drunk:You and Fernando could be entertainment on the trails. ;)

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
What is their problem!

I'm down to just the headlight release being replaced, which is happening tomorrow. This is a process I started 2.5 weeks ago...

Good luck getting it back.

Matt

81 - 100 of 136 Posts