Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Keeping watching this thread for a expected announcement regarding the 2008 Colorado Touareg 4x4 Rally in Ouray, CO!

Any 2008 Rally discussion and questions can also be posted below.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Newbie questions

I really want to make it out this year, but I'm not sure what to bring.

Is this hard core? Do I need to get off-road tires, or will Bridgestone Alenza all-seasons on 18" be fine?

Rope, food, water, cables, spare tires, yad yada. I'm wondering about all that stuff....

Thanks!
-Ryan

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
I really want to make it out this year, but I'm not sure what to bring.

Is this hard core? Do I need to get off-road tires, or will Bridgestone Alenza all-seasons on 18" be fine?

Rope, food, water, cables, spare tires, yad yada. I'm wondering about all that stuff....

Thanks!
-Ryan
It will all be covered once the dates are released. I ran last year with Nokian WR SUV's on my Treg and had no issues. You will need a full size spare tire and wheel. The spare that comes with the car will not cut it to get you off the mountain.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is there room for a foreigner Treg?

Hi Folks:
I'm new in the treg world, and have no experience at all, here in Mexico there are lots off roaders but just Jeepers!!!!, who look down on treg's[-X, I've had not a clear answer from a couple of them about me joining them in their trails, I guess they dont feel right about having a Treg without a winch, I guess some feel that they will at end, be finding themselves dragging the poor unequipped SUV out of the mud, who knows?; the deal is that, I been reading to enthusiasts in this forum, and I said why not?, let's give it a try, Is there any room for a Mexican Treger there?
:wink:
I'll be here waiting jeje

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rally dates are confirmed: July 21-25, Ouray, CO.

Bring a shovel. We may still have snow to remove by that date.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Shovel - Check. Hmm.. Surco sells a shovel mount :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi guys:
chains will be needed?¡¡ or just the Shovel?

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chains MAY come in handy. ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Unless you already have chains, I would not waste money buying a set. If the trails are still snow covered, they probably won't even be open. Last year, Aircooled, Hap and I shoveled about 100 feet of snow bank off Governor's Basin to open that trail. Then, Group 2 didn't even get up there due to thunderstorm. Group 1 didn't make Yankee Boy for the same storm. Good judgement will prevail in these situations.

Equipment needs are discussed in last years thread and I am sure will be repeated soon.

Rick

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Not sure I could fit chains on the 265/70/17's.... clearance issue. Maybe air-down?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Karl is right...no clearance for chains on the BFG's. We could throw RJ under the front wheels....Heck, that probably wouldn't work either.:rolleyes: We'll figure something out if necessary

Rick

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Karl is right...no clearance for chains on the BFG's. We could throw RJ under the front wheels....Heck, that probably wouldn't work either.:rolleyes: We'll figure something out if necessary

Rick
You'll run into a clearance problem!!! :D

Rick could always get your a pole --- he can find those easily!! \\:D/

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts
What, no new Videos of RJ in front of his house this year? :razz:

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With or without his Touareg?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Shut it!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I wish I could make it out there this summer, unfortunately I will be in the Mediterreranean on a friends yacht most of July:(, maybe I'll make it out next year, I've been wanting to come for a few years.

Linder

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tell you what Linder, I'll swap with you and reluctantly take your place on the yacht. You can pilot you own yacht over Imogene. :D

1 - 20 of 136 Posts
About this Discussion
135 Replies
18 Participants
aircooled
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing