Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Keeping watching this thread for a expected announcement regarding the 2008 Colorado Touareg 4x4 Rally in Ouray, CO!

Any 2008 Rally discussion and questions can also be posted below.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Newbie questions

I really want to make it out this year, but I'm not sure what to bring.

Is this hard core? Do I need to get off-road tires, or will Bridgestone Alenza all-seasons on 18" be fine?

Rope, food, water, cables, spare tires, yad yada. I'm wondering about all that stuff....

Thanks!
-Ryan

·
Super Moderator
9,364 Posts
I really want to make it out this year, but I'm not sure what to bring.

Is this hard core? Do I need to get off-road tires, or will Bridgestone Alenza all-seasons on 18" be fine?

Rope, food, water, cables, spare tires, yad yada. I'm wondering about all that stuff....

Thanks!
-Ryan
It will all be covered once the dates are released. I ran last year with Nokian WR SUV's on my Treg and had no issues. You will need a full size spare tire and wheel. The spare that comes with the car will not cut it to get you off the mountain.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is there room for a foreigner Treg?

Hi Folks:
I'm new in the treg world, and have no experience at all, here in Mexico there are lots off roaders but just Jeepers!!!!, who look down on treg's[-X, I've had not a clear answer from a couple of them about me joining them in their trails, I guess they dont feel right about having a Treg without a winch, I guess some feel that they will at end, be finding themselves dragging the poor unequipped SUV out of the mud, who knows?; the deal is that, I been reading to enthusiasts in this forum, and I said why not?, let's give it a try, Is there any room for a Mexican Treger there?
:wink:
I'll be here waiting jeje

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rally dates are confirmed: July 21-25, Ouray, CO.

Bring a shovel. We may still have snow to remove by that date.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Shovel - Check. Hmm.. Surco sells a shovel mount :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi guys:
chains will be needed?¡¡ or just the Shovel?

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chains MAY come in handy. ;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Unless you already have chains, I would not waste money buying a set. If the trails are still snow covered, they probably won't even be open. Last year, Aircooled, Hap and I shoveled about 100 feet of snow bank off Governor's Basin to open that trail. Then, Group 2 didn't even get up there due to thunderstorm. Group 1 didn't make Yankee Boy for the same storm. Good judgement will prevail in these situations.

Equipment needs are discussed in last years thread and I am sure will be repeated soon.

Rick

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Not sure I could fit chains on the 265/70/17's.... clearance issue. Maybe air-down?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Karl is right...no clearance for chains on the BFG's. We could throw RJ under the front wheels....Heck, that probably wouldn't work either.:rolleyes: We'll figure something out if necessary

Rick

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Karl is right...no clearance for chains on the BFG's. We could throw RJ under the front wheels....Heck, that probably wouldn't work either.:rolleyes: We'll figure something out if necessary

Rick
You'll run into a clearance problem!!! :D

Rick could always get your a pole --- he can find those easily!! \\:D/

·
Super Moderator
9,364 Posts
What, no new Videos of RJ in front of his house this year? :razz:

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With or without his Touareg?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Shut it!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I wish I could make it out there this summer, unfortunately I will be in the Mediterreranean on a friends yacht most of July:(, maybe I'll make it out next year, I've been wanting to come for a few years.

Linder

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tell you what Linder, I'll swap with you and reluctantly take your place on the yacht. You can pilot you own yacht over Imogene. :D

1 - 20 of 136 Posts