Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have searched for over an hour and can not find a thread pertaining to purching coil packs and plugs? Auto Zone and Advanced Auto have them for much less. What about plugs. NGK ok? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
I use only NGK or Bosch Plugs in VW engines. Both seem bulletproof and both are used by VW as OEM.

As far as coils go, I don't have a preference.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I do seem to remember that it is preferable to use Bosch plugs in the V8, and NGK in the V6. You should be careful if you order online as there are a lot of fakes out there.

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
I thought I read somewhere you can run the Audi R8 coils, supposed to be way better. Might want to check, since you're probably not going to replace them again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. i went to ECS tuning. I wish I would have saw fcpeuro. However I was able to get red top coil packs. Factory. You guys are right lots of fakes out there. Especially on Amazon....

·
Registered
25 Posts
FYI for all my cars I tend to get parts from Rockauto.com
They will show a number of alternative brands and prices for each part. They have name brands and others and although they don't have everything..they do have a lot. So far I have not had any quality problems and have been using them for a number of years. Prices are great and especially (since I am in New Zealand) shipping is very reasonable and quick. I usually go for Fedex Economy.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Thanks everyone. i went to ECS tuning. I wish I would have saw fcpeuro. However I was able to get red top coil packs. Factory. You guys are right lots of fakes out there. Especially on Amazon....
Don’t forget RMeuropean, excellent store with only quality parts, lots of OEM as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts