Club Touareg Forum banner

2008 - 2010 Touareg TDI

Want to Buy: 
5K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Hoserpilot 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am looking for a 2008 - 2010 Touareg with 4 corner air suspension, preferably under 60k miles. If you have one and you need to sell it, please respond to this thread.

I live in eastern Idaho.

Thanks
Addi

#2 ·
Hello all, I am looking for a 2008 - 2010 Touareg with 4 corner air suspension, preferably under 60k miles. If you have one and you need to sell it, please respond to this thread. I live in eastern Idaho. Thanks Addi
Hey Addi. Welcome to CT. To my knowledge, air suspension on Treg stopped being offered for the most part in 2008, with a few examples in 2009 and 2010. As far as I know, less than 5% of Touaregs were equipped with air, so your pickings are slimmer with that as a search parameter.

I'd consider searching Foobert's TDI hunt, or broadening your use of the search function here. There are a few for sale around here, and on Craigslist / Carmax.

For 2008, you're going to see a V10 and those are rarer yet as it was the last model year in North America. I'm not even sure air was available for 09/10 with any models save a few corporate vehicles.

I've found a 2010 T2 TDI on Craigslist in Hastings, MN.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/ctd/4345062566.html

I called them and it was a trade-in for a Buick Enclave. The dealer didn't realize it was more specific for maintenance -- and the sales guy told me they rotated tires and changed oil but used their own oil. Consider calling on it, but ask for an inspection by an area VW dealer and ask for a VW-approved oil.

#3 ·
Air suspension was order only on all but the V10 where it was standard. Dealers rarely ordered any with air just to sit on the lot to sell. My '10 has air and is not a corp car, bit was initially ordered for a sales manager for the dealer I bought it from. He never got to drive it since I bought it before it was delivered. So they are out there, but those of us that have them are not letting go of them anytime soon....:)

#14 ·
My '10 has air and is not a corp car, bit was initially ordered for a sales manager for the dealer I bought it from. He never got to drive it since I bought it before it was delivered. So they are out there, but those of us that have them are not letting go of them anytime soon....:)
Yep, mine was also a dealer ordered Touareg with 1000 miles but not titled. And yep, I'll be keeping mine until a diesel electric 4C air, 3rd row U-boat shows up ;)

#8 ·
Horton, you are right. Touaregs 2008 - 2010 are very hard to find. I found a couple with a V10 (2008), but they are either over 150k miles or super expensive. I was hoping to find some middle ground.

Currently I have a 2004 V8 with air (over 130k miles) and I use it constantly for off-roading. Friends of mine laughed at me first (all truck or wrangler drivers). But boy they were surprised when they saw me climbing, mudding, jumping etc. I am literally beating the crap out of the car (almost rolled over once at a climb) . I know, might be painful for some of you to hear that, especially since it was a >$50k brand new. But where is the point in having such a great off-road vehicle and then just using it to bring kids to school and soccer.

I got it very cheap and I was looking for a car that I use solely for off-roading. Have another sedan in the garage that wash and pamper every weekend.
But than something strange happened. I started to use the Touareg for work commute as well and now I just want to drive this car instead of the sedan. I like it soo much. It is just a pity that it looks so roughed up inside and out. Therefore I am looking for a new one that is shiny and has the same options. One that I can pamper :), but has also a better gas milage. But I do not like the 2011 and above models.

So if you have a shiny touareg with air suspension between 2008-2010, please let me know.

Addi

Yeti, hold on to yours!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.