Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My V8 T2 just kicked a fault and is running rough, no power. I've searched for any info for the fault code P2152. Anybody seen this before?
I'm going to start checking all the wiring etc. Runs fine until it gets warmed up and then runs rough.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Don't know if this will help but it was all I could find. P2152 Fuel Injector Group "C" supply voltage circut /open. Check fuel injectors N 30,N 31,N 32,N 33,N 83,N 84,N 85 and N 86. Nice to see someone else out there with a 07 V8 FSI Mtnride

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. There is a Group A,B,C,D for the injectors but I can't find what injectors are in which group. But when doing an output check I found that one of the injectors is not operating. I'm going to pull the intake tonight and check the signal to the injectors and figure out what Group is for what injector.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a little update in case somebody ever has this same issue since there is 0 info on it.

There is no info on what injectors are in each group (A,B,C,D) We (friend and I) check the diagram and assume that Group A was cylinder 1 and whatever adjoining cylinder was in the diagram. After several checks, the groups follow the ABCD/Cylinder 1234 layout. The remaining cylinders are whatever is matched to the 1,2,3,4 injector.
Example- Group C injectors is Cylinder 3 and 5

In the case for my touareg, I took the intake manifold off and found that cylinder 5 had slightly low resistance @1.8-9ohms compared to the rest that were 2.2 ohms. I doubted this difference could cause the poor running that I had, felt like the truck dropped 2 cylinders. I reassembled it and took it to the dealer thinking it was an ECU issue and its still covered under emissions warranty.

They re-diagnosed it, decided to put in an overlay harness for both 3+5 cylinder and I paid for new injectors just in-case. I still thought it was an ECU issue. It went back together, was road tested and everything is good!
I never thought that the little difference in the injector would cause this much of an issue but it does. It felt (when driving) as though the ecu shut off both cylinders in that group.

Hopefully it doesn't happen again but it was a good learning experience. Several VW and Audi techs I know all had never seen the issue. The tech that repaired mine also said there is no info on the fault and he followed the same path that I had except he doubted the injector where I thought it would be ok.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Informative post.

·
Registered
584 Posts
thanks for the update

1 - 6 of 6 Posts