Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my egg is suffering from the cooling fans running after shutting down issue. Trying to find the second temp sensor. The 1st one is right at the top radiator and hose coming in. Replace it still having the issue. Its the second one that I'm stumped by. I have traced the lower radiator hose as far as I can and nothing.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think that's normal. I read in a manual that cooling fan might stay on for up to 10 minutes after shutting off the ignition. Mine would stay on for about a minute or two even in 50 degree weather.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So tomorrow I'll be pulling the egg into the garage and pull off bottom access panel. It's got to be some place on the return line.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well here's an update on the second temp sensor. Its on the back side of the engine. Couldn't a pic of on the car. Stilling to figure out how to get to it.

Also run a scan and got some faults this time. So many I can just replace the fan/controllers

001153 - Coolant Fan Control Circuit 2
P0481 - 004 - Electrical Malfunction - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 144878 km
Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
RPM: 1945 /min
Load: 21.6 %
Speed: 0.0 km/h
Temperature: 50.0°C
Temperature: 26.0°C
Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar
Voltage: 10.160 V

001152 - Coolant Fan Control Circuit 1
P0480 - 004 - Electrical Malfunction - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100100
Fault Priority: 0
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 255
Mileage: 144878 km
Time Indication: 0

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I haven't replaced the rear sensor yet. Trying to figure out how to get to it without dropping the engine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've read somewhere that you have to disconnect Y-intake pipe that goes to the back of the engine to get to the sensor. After that it become fairly easy job without the need for dropping the engine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts