Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having some engine problems. I had high oil pressure due to putting too much oil in and my car wouldn't turn back on. I had to get it towed back to my house, where I ran a computer diagnostic test on it. The results said that I had cylinder 1,5,6 codes pop up. I haven't replaced the cylinder yet but I changed all 6 plugs and replaced the vacuum hose that split. When ran again a cam shaft timing code came up and when I start my car it has a very low idle and sounds terrible. I need to run another scan on it, but the cylinder codes never came back up on the second scan. Could the cam shaft sensor problem cause the issues I have or does it sound like another problem. I also heard my timing chain could be the issue. Has anyone else had problems like this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a damaged timing chain guide rail due to failed tensioner. they ended up replacing the failed tensioner, timing chains, lower tensioner and all guide rails, all hardware and oil pump gear ANS bolt, camshaft adjusters and control housing. It was a very costly repair by the dealership.

I had a horrible knocking type noise and another shop before the dealership stated the bolt had come out of the oil pump/timing gear. I had researched this online and in fact there is a known problem of that bolt loosening and coming out causing these hefty repairs.

Good luck and I would suggest taking it to the dealership. If that is the problem, it will hurt the pocket book....$3195 in labor and another 1500 in parts. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts