Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day. My daughter has a 07 touareg with the v6 in it. Does anybody have an information on how to get, what I believe is the intake out? Why I ask is when the vehicle is cold. Fuel drips out from what I think is the fuel rail. It is hard to tell with the fuel rail underneath that grey intake. the fuel is coming from the middle of the motor on the drivers side. I see all the connections for the fuel rail at the back of the motor and it does not seem it is coming from there. I suspect it is the fuel rail because as soon the engine warms us, the leak goes away. I believe it is a o ring or something like that. I am in Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada if anyone around here can give me some suggestions. or if somebody could point me in a direction for some help. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
578 Posts
Good Day. My daughter has a 07 touareg with the v6 in it. Does anybody have an information on how to get, what I believe is the intake out? Why I ask is when the vehicle is cold. Fuel drips out from what I think is the fuel rail. It is hard to tell with the fuel rail underneath that grey intake. the fuel is coming from the middle of the motor on the drivers side. I see all the connections for the fuel rail at the back of the motor and it does not seem it is coming from there. I suspect it is the fuel rail because as soon the engine warms us, the leak goes away. I believe it is a o ring or something like that. I am in Saskatoon Saskatchewan Canada if anyone around here can give me some suggestions. or if somebody could point me in a direction for some help. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Google the VW self study guide for the 3.2L and 3.6LFSI engine. Page 37and 38. Fuel from the pumps is low pressure until the high pressure pump sends to the rail that feeds the injectors. Your leak could be at the high pressure pump or at the low or high pressure sensors on the pump or the lines themselves to the high pressure pump. The fuel at the rail is high pressure so would think the leak would not be drips. Generally a small leak will by surface tension flow to a point where it will build up enough to drip, so actual leak point might be other than location of drip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuel Leak

At first the leak is very fast and quite a bit. Once the fuel pump pressure goes down, it stops. I turn the key off, then turn it on, the fuel pressure builds up and it leaks again. Once I start the vehicle and it warms up, the leaking gets slower and then just quits. I think it is a o ring or some thing like that as there is no other fuel line or supply in the area where the leak comes from. I am thinking it is a o ring where the injector mounts to the rail or something like that. It drips from the middle of the block on the drivers side, no where close the the fuel rail connections at the back of the motor by the firewall. Not unless someone can tell me if there is another fuel connection in that area I am describing. Thanks

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
578 Posts
At first the leak is very fast and quite a bit. Once the fuel pump pressure goes down, it stops. I turn the key off, then turn it on, the fuel pressure builds up and it leaks again. Once I start the vehicle and it warms up, the leaking gets slower and then just quits. I think it is a o ring or some thing like that as there is no other fuel line or supply in the area where the leak comes from. I am thinking it is a o ring where the injector mounts to the rail or something like that. It drips from the middle of the block on the drivers side, no where close the the fuel rail connections at the back of the motor by the firewall. Not unless someone can tell me if there is another fuel connection in that area I am describing. Thanks
Probably the injector connection to the rail as you say. Not certain if the injector nipple into block has a seal, probably is one between the injector and the rail. Never replaced an injector, but pretty certain intake has to come off. Someone on the site has probably pulled intake or replaced injector. May find if you search on injector or intake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I figured out my issue over the weekend. I did have to remove the intake. That is a several hour job. I found someone before my time had removed the lower injector rail for some reason and flattened the side of one of the injector o rings when they re-assembled it. It would only leak when the low pressure pump would run on a cold start or when the vehicle had been sitting for a few days. On normal daily use it would sometimes smell like fuel but not typically leave such a large amount of raw fuel underneath the vehicle. Hopefully you get yours figured out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi, I'm removing the same lower fuel rail in order to remove the intake and change the leaking PCV diaphragm in the valve cover. Is there some trick to removing the fuel rail from the injectors ? Ive followed the VW 'remove intake ' instructions to the letter but that lower fuel rail is just stuck on the injectors. Does anyone have any tips on removing the rail ?

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
578 Posts
Hi, I'm removing the same lower fuel rail in order to remove the intake and change the leaking PCV diaphragm in the valve cover. Is there some trick to removing the fuel rail from the injectors ? Ive followed the VW 'remove intake ' instructions to the letter but that lower fuel rail is just stuck on the injectors. Does anyone have any tips on removing the rail ?
There should be two small bolts on the ends below the rail and two for the upper under the wiring. Remove the bolts and unplug the electrical and should be able to pull the rails off. Pretty certain the high pressure line connects to the top rail and then loops from the end of the top rail to the end of the bottom rail. once rails off should be able to remove injectors believe there is like a u clip you pop our than can remove injector.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks. I got them off after 60 mins of rocking the rail slowly back and forward. I had already removed the 3 bolts and there was nothing retaining them other than the 3 injector o-rings and 2 dowels into the head that were incredibly 'snug'.

all done now.

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
578 Posts
Thanks. I got them off after 60 mins of rocking the rail slowly back and forward. I had already removed the 3 bolts and there was nothing retaining them other than the 3 injector o-rings and 2 dowels into the head that were incredibly 'snug'.

all done now.
Nice to hear. Hope the fix resolves your problems. Some reason thought there were 4 bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts