Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes Touareg had the 'low oil pressure stop engine' warning coming on. Vehicle has 155000km on it. First time this issue has come up. She has owned the vehicle for 5 years now and put about 60000km on it. It is somewhat well maintained, gets oil changes every 8-10000km.
When the light came on she stopped the engine, checked oil level on dip stick and topped it up. Probably 1 1/2 to 2 quarts was the amount she put in (spilled some as well). Where do I start from here? My understanding is that the oil pressure switches rarely go out on these engines. Could it be a plugged pick up tube for the oil pump in the oil sump that causes this? Is it easy to pull the oil pans on these engines?
Please help /advice asap, thanks in advance.

· Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,905 Posts
Do you have VCDS?
Best thing to do is scan for faults.
It could be anything from a bad oil pressure switch, associated wiring to/from it, a bad oil pump, or the warning was triggered from the low oil level.
I think the first thing to look at is why it was low on oil and did you not get a low oil indicator prior to getting your low oil pressure stop engine warning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts