Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VIN 06658,South Louisiana (70431), 158,422 current miles, steering gear replaced at 132,921 miles, NEW ENGINE with batteries installed at 136,555 miles, prop shaft at 154,134 miles, tires fair, brakes 70%, full size spare, all dealer work with receipts. Priced at $15,500. Please contact for additional information.....having trouble uploading photos. Working on it

·
Registered
480 Posts
HI there , Nice deal for the right person , how and why did you/ They replace the engine?
was it a full replacement with turbos and all ? I'm assuming they put a brand new motor with 0 time ?
whats the approximate mileage of the new engine ?
thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
21,867 miles on new engine...at time of installation, VW dealer insisted that turbos did not need to be changed...I was absolutely willing to pay for new ones, but VW said no. reason for swap was due to valve failure in right head...rather than changing one or both heads, the dealer convinced Fidelity that a new engine was justified. New engine came with new alternator, AC, power steering pump, etc. and yes, new with 0 time. The currently posted attachments are the only ones that I was able to upload. Until this upload issue is resolved, I can e-mail photos upon request.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Additional photos. Also, I purchased this Touareg new, 80% highway miles on the chassis. All work except tires was done at the dealership. Never raced, wrecked or driven off road.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems like high mileage Touareg pricing requires re-evaluation...Adjusting my price to $ 8,750.00 Drive it or use it for parts. 20,000 miles on new engine!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts