Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 2007 VW L7 Touareg with the V10 TDI motor and warranty. The price is firm at $17,000, and the warranty is optional at $2000 more. It hurts to sell such a special car but my needs have changed. If you have been hunting for one of these, this could be the one. The maintenance history is completely documented, every single squawk right down to the littlest detail has been looked after by each of the three uptight owners. The paint is in gorgeous condition, the interior has seen few occupants and is in excellent condition.

The ride is unbelievable. The 5.0L V10 has the most incredible jet-like take off sounds and seat-press under power but spends the majority of its non-lead foot time purring along quietly. The MPG on the freeway at reasonable speeds is a genuine 23-25 and city/highway average for me is 19 MPG with some spirited accelerations thrown in. The wheee factor always brings a smile and can't be found in other SUVs at this level of fuel consumption. The adjustable air ride suspension has a glass-like ride and I have had every single passenger comment on how nice the ride is.

The car has a tremendously well thought out design, intuitive engineering and lots of small details that make it a pleasure to own. Things like the on-board air compressor for airing up tires and toys, the thick windows for a quiet ride, the great stereo, intuitive controls, thick interior materials that ooze quality and not a squeak to be heard with everything on this car having been so well built, all add up to making this car something special to own.

The purchase can include the 2 year remainder of the $100 deductible Zurich warranty for an extra $2000, and copies of all records, VW technical manuals covering the design of the drivetrain, motor, electrical systems, and more.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that info would help, wouldn't it...

109000 miles, Sacramento, CA area, and the recent major work is as follows:

10 months ago: new first gear servo, new clock spring, new o2 sensor in exhaust, new transfer case stepper motor, A/C top-off charge

2 months ago: new tires

1 week ago: new water pump, two new turbos, new oil dipstick and tube, new right side valve cover gasket, new power steering pump

1 - 6 of 6 Posts