Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to sell the 2007 V10 Touareg.

Mileage 126,600

VIN 7D011478

Asking $18,000 OBO

Long Beach CA

I purchased it locally last fall and it has been a pleasure as well as a real workhorse. Mechanically this egg is rock solid. Off Road Grey with Teak interior. Some of the very best options include locking rear differential, fully adaptive HID headlights (they turn with the steering) with corner lighting, four position climate controls, and power rear hatch. I have replaced front and rear brakes (including a brake fluid flush), lower A arms (including 4 wheel alignment), rear sway bar connectors ( I will include the parts for the front I did not get them installed), drivers door lock electronics, and the air compressor.

Oil specific Motul was changed every 5k miles. I have run Power Service Diesel Kleen with every tank of fuel. I planned to keep this one for quite some time.

I found a local 2006 with 84k and a Fidelity warranty so I pulled the trigger. I will never know if I made the right move as the 2006 has just spent 12 days at the dealer getting the HVAC compressor replaced. Bottom line is that I cannot keep both.
The 2007 is certainly not perfect but as you can see in the photos it cleans up nice and like I said it is mechanically solid.

The bad:

• · Scratches in the rear door driver side

• · Vertical scratches in the rear door windows (looks like they were operated with grit in the felt)

• · The hood supports do not support the hood anymore

• · The return on the parking brake is week, you need to pull the release twice

• · The switches in the drivers door are peeling, all other switches and buttons are clean

• · The sunroof rotary control has peeled

• The drivers seat shows wear and there are some imperfections in the leather throughout

• · The display in the factory radio doesn’t work. Stations are displayed in the dash screen

• · CarFax show two minor accidents

• · The egg spent one year in Alaska
The good:

• · Both turbos and exhaust manifolds were replaced at 106,226 (I will include the rebuildable turbos)

• · The transmission was serviced at that time as well

• · The center bearing has been replaced

• · Everything works

• · This egg has chrome roof rails instead of the 2 piece rack. (Not sure if OEM but looks great)

• · The 22” Porsche knock-offs are very clean, no curb rash, some minor scratches

• · The 22” tires are brand new

• · Sale includes 18” OEM wheels with 60% Nitto tires (wheels are pretty scratched up)

• · Carpet floor mats are installed and all weather fitted mats are included

• · There is a license plate frame back up camera routed behind the radio (I was running an after market radio)

• · The 2007 does not have the trailer brake Molex under the dash. I have run the two wires required from the right rear compartment to the under dash location. (I was running a brake controller)

• Includes two keys and the owner’s manual is in the glove box holder

• · The center council cup holder is fully functional (many are broken)

• · Rear window privacy shades (Not sure if allV10’s have them)
I can add any specific pics as requested.
I can run a VCDS report if requested.
I would not hesitate driving this egg anywhere.
It will be for sale locally and will be put on Auto Trader at the end of the week
Please feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks for looking,
Mike

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,721 Posts
Did you mean to say the stock OEM 18" wheels? 17" do not fit on the V10. If they are 17" you may want to sell them in a separate sale.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you mean to say the stock OEM 18" wheels? 17" do not fit on the V10. If they are 17" you may want to sell them in a separate sale.
My mistake, you are correct, the included OEM set is 18". I will edit the post.
Thanks Yeti!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unable to edit at this time. OEM Wheels are 18"

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was asked to post pics of the scratches in the rear drivers door. It is hard to capture as they are not very big but they are noticeable when in the right light.

White Floor Flooring Automotive exterior Wood

White Floor Flooring Automotive exterior Wood

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just listed on Auto Trader. Sure would prefer to sell to an enthusiast, someone make me an offer?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Additional Pics

Here ya go, take your pick. 22" knock offs or 18" OEM PlastiDip painted. Both sets included with sale!!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still for sale?

Hi Mike. I'm also addicted to V10's (see my sig).

·
Super Moderator
9,721 Posts
Is it lowered? If so with the springs or coil over?
I doubt the OP removed the air suspension to do lowering via springs or coil overs. Probably lowered it via VCDS.

Reactions: jcande2

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Due to the apparent soft market and need to free up some space I will lower the asking to $16,500 as it sits, ready to go.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts