Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is my 2007 Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI in Reed Green with Anthracite interior. VIN is WVGPT77L37D010700. I am asking $19,900. The car currently has 70k mi. and is in very good condition. There is one small door ding behind the fuel filler door. Several years back, somebody shot a BB gun at the passenger side rear door leaving a small BB size indent in the paint. That paint has since chipped off leaving behind primer which has been turning to rust color. It has the usual 70k mi rock chips on the hood and a few on the doors. I bought this car new on 11 Apr 07. I have averaged over 26 mpg on my many trips from Omaha, NE to Syracuse, NY and back. This car is fully loaded with all the options that were available at the time except the rear locking differential.

Options include:

- Package 2 ($4600)
- Navigation Plus Package ($3500)
- 4-Zone Climatronic with heated rear seats ($1500)
- Touareg Side Steps ($799)
- Trailer Hitch ($550)

Options I added:

- Heated steering wheel (Nov 13)

Being the owner from new, I have all of the maintenance records and can answer anything to do with the maintenance history. Some of the more recent maintenance items include:
- Oil changed 9 Jan 15 at 69,662 mi
- Cardan shaft replaced April 15 at 66,200 mi.
- Fuel filter replaced April 15 at 66,150 mi.
- Front lower control arms replaced 19 Aug 13 at 55,700 mi with Cayenne Turbo S units. Four wheel alignment performed. Tierods also replaced as old ones were seized.
- Brake pads, front and rear, replaced 12 Aug 13 at 55,600 mi with stock Cayenne Turbo pads. Rotors are original to car. Fluid flushed with Ate Type 200.

This Touareg will come with both the stock V10 TDI wheels shod with Yokohama Avid Envigor tires (close to the end of life, gives the buyer the choice of what goes on next) as well as 18” Cayenne Turbo wheels mounted with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 snow tires (have had these tires since 2009 but plenty of life left). It is set up for towing with a 7 pin socket and a Tekonsha Voyager brake controller. Original carpet floor mats, VW Touareg rubber winter mats, and Cayenne cargo mat included.

Attached are a few cell phone pics that I took today after running it through a touchless car wash. If it warms up enough in the near future to get washed by hand I will take some more detailed exterior and interior pictures. I've also attached a few pics from when I first bought the Touareg to show the stock wheels and the air suspension in off road mode.

Please feel free to ask questions.

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Images

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you had to do any major maintenance like replacing the turbos?
Never had to replace turbos or anything major. Only engine maintenance that needed to be done was fixing a small oil leak caused by an oil supply line going to the left turbo in January 2011 at 37,090mi and a CEL caused by the exhaust pressure sensor in February 2011 at 37,700mi. Both were repaired during the warranty period.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been getting interior pic requests so attached are few quick cell phone shots of the interior. Drivers floor mat area needs to be vacuumed and cleaned up of the winter road mung so please excuse that mess. Hope to get that done tomorrow when it warms a bit into the 30's. Also hope to get better pics than cell phone ones but some of these turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I see you have an Airstream. I, too, have an Airstream that I towed with a V-10. It is the best tow vehicle around. Have you been towing with yours? I'm in the market for another V-10. My 2006, with 200k miles on it presented me with a $10,000 repair estimate and I sold it to the dealer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see you have an Airstream. I, too, have an Airstream that I towed with a V-10. It is the best tow vehicle around. Have you been towing with yours? I'm in the market for another V-10. My 2006, with 200k miles on it presented me with a $10,000 repair estimate and I sold it to the dealer.
Yes, I do use my Touareg to pull my Airstream. Tows the Airstream like it isn't even there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
just curios what the dealer paid for your teg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pic of the cargo area. Dimples on the floor carpeting are from the Cayenne cargo liner. Note for those with allergies: I have hauled my dogs with this car over the years. While the cargo area is very clean I cannot get 100% of the dog hairs out of the carpeting. Some of those things must have barbs on the ends.

Also including my email for those who don't have accounts to PM with.

thevan1s at cox dot net

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pic attached this time

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just as a data point for those selling or buying here, I traded this V10 into the local BMW dealer for a new ’16 BMW X5 diesel a few weeks back. I was given $15k in trade. Had 72.5k mi. Didn’t get much interest at $19.5k here earlier this year. Would have entertained offers in the upper $17k’s but no offers came in. $15k plus the tax offset on the new car in Nebraska is just about as good and I didn’t have to hassle with trying to sell it myself. I suppose this car will show up for sale somewhere eventually at a much higher price than I was trying to get. If anyone sees a Reed Green V10 pop up for sale somewhere with 73k mi it’s probably mine. I have all the records as the original owner. Willing to talk about the car if you want.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That is extremely disappointing! I was very interested and emailed you not long ago and you said you were going to keep it. I never buy sight unseen, but for $17k I would have flown out there for sure to pick it up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just as a data point for those selling or buying here, I traded this V10 into the local BMW dealer for a new ’16 BMW X5 diesel a few weeks back. I was given $15k in trade. Had 72.5k mi. Didn’t get much interest at $19.5k here earlier this year. Would have entertained offers in the upper $17k’s but no offers came in. $15k plus the tax offset on the new car in Nebraska is just about as good and I didn’t have to hassle with trying to sell it myself. I suppose this car will show up for sale somewhere eventually at a much higher price than I was trying to get. If anyone sees a Reed Green V10 pop up for sale somewhere with 73k mi it’s probably mine. I have all the records as the original owner. Willing to talk about the car if you want.

I am buying this car on Saturday and would love to talk to you about a few things it's at schomp Honda in Colorado

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Jakesesto,
I know you just picked this one up, but would you be willing to part with it? I have been searching for a V10 in the perfect color combo like this that has been taken care of. If I knew it was in Colorado I would have jumped on it, I live near Boulder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts