Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys 2007 touareg v6. 107000 miles bought this vehicle 6 months ago so kind of newbie. I have however fixed the driveshaft center support bracket sccessfully but now i am having the low oil pressure light occassionally coming on. Usually occurs when traveling and slowing down to less than 20mph and coasting into parking spot etc. Upon shutting off vehicle and restarting warning disappears. Does not always occur but started to be more frequent. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Ecy66, Have your oil pressure checked manually with a oil pressure gauge. If the gauge reads low oil pressure it’s probably your oil pump. If is is normal then you have a bad sensor. Let us know the result. Mtnride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 06/v6 with the same exact problem. It has 106K on it and I have replaced the PCV valve , the oil pressure sensor, oil changed and its at the correct level and about once or twice a month the dam alarm will come on !! What do we do now ?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
You need to pay attention to when exactly this error occurs: Accelerating/decelerating/idling in traffic and so on. This is important to make sure it's not a bad pcv again. The pcv membrane is operated at idle and and when releasing the throttle/decelerating bye the way. If the flow going through the pcv is not well regulated you will get this error. it might be other issues of course like incorrect oil spec or oil passage blockage or oil pump and whatnot. Just make sure you rule the pcv.

Another thing (very unlikely but worth mentioning) is the oil separator port might be blocked with all the blowby which has accumulated there. You can remove the pcv and check the port on the engine side. you can use a screw driver to clean it if you see too much gunk. I will upload pics of this oil separator inside the valve cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
TRespect
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing