Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so how many of us have committed to attend?

How about posting in this thread with a one-up consecutive number in your post which would give us a running total of attendance?

I'm in - 1

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Are you and VegasMatt going to caravan out?

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TREGinginCO said:
No, I'm going to visit friends in Utah for a day or two on my way to Colorado and on my way back.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
gaijin said:
TREGinginCO said:
No, I'm going to visit friends in Utah for a day or two on my way to Colorado and on my way back.
Aw, cmon, join the egg parade! :D

That's cool that you're doing some visiting while up that way. We're departing Vegas at 6am the Sunday before the rally, heading I-15 up to I-70. Depending on when you're heading out to Colorado, and where from, we might end up meeting up along the road anyhow. Also, I know Yeti is coming down from the Salt Lake area, so you may want to check in with him about caravaning down if you'd like.

This is gonna be cool. I'm for sure excited about the trip, and can't wait until the end of July! Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Till later,
Matt

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
+3 (+5 with the dogs)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
You guys should put some sort of a sign or writing on the hatch windows of the vehicle so you can be spotted by others while making the drive.

Something like:
RALLY Bound
Ouray or Bust
Off Road Rally

I dunno, Matt you're the sign guy!!! :giggle:

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
TREGinginCO said:
Yeah speaking of which, how are those decals coming along? Oh and it is me and the wife, so we are where now on the count? :drunk:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeti said:
TREGinginCO said:
Yeah speaking of which, how are those decals coming along? Oh and it is me and the wife, so we are where now on the count? :drunk:
We are now:

7 People 4 Touaregs

:drunk:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Yeti said:
Yeah speaking of which, how are those decals coming along?
You guys think my name is Matt. It's really Slack-o-rama. I need a straight-on side photo, and a measurement, and I'll lay it out. I keep forgetting to shoot the damn photo and grab the tape measure every time I have the Touareg out of the garage. That's it, tomorrow's the day!

Matt

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Vegas Matt said:
Yeti said:
Yeah speaking of which, how are those decals coming along?
You guys think my name is Matt. It's really Slack-o-rama. I need a straight-on side photo, and a measurement, and I'll lay it out. I keep forgetting to shoot the damn photo and grab the tape measure every time I have the Touareg out of the garage. That's it, tomorrow's the day!

Matt
Hey Matt,

How about stickers/decals that we can attach to the rearmost side windows?

This would avoid any possible paint damage, etc. and still be readily recognizable, eh?

Might even be cheaper as it could be a simple vinyl transfer onto the glass.

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Gaijin,

I'm waiting for the official logo for the rally to come from aircooled. Once I get the file, I can print the stickers. Last year, I did a variety of decal sizes, from small ones for the rear windows up to the large ones you saw on the doors of the Touaregs in the pics from last year. As long as I get a large enough file, I can make them whatever size is necessary.

Additionally, there was talk about some other cut vinyl decals. Here's a new proof of some cut vinyl lettering for the side windows:

EDIT: New proof below, old proof has been removed:

I had a proof of the same type of info on the back window, but I think it got whacked by the server crash. I can re-upload it if necessary.

Anyway, everyone, please let me know what you think of this idea. I'm not a very good designer (if you can't tell) so believe me I won't be offended to hear that it sucks. Just tell me what to change/improve.

Matt

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Matt,

You're on the right track, man; but BIGGER!

I was thinking about something that would go on the side window, looked something like the door panels you did last year, but cover the whole window.

Something with the rally theme.

Design? Trust me, I'm worse than you, so go for it!

·
Super Moderator
9,368 Posts
I like the side window one Matt for I alread have a large decal on the rear window of my Treg. I don't plan on removin it anytime soon since it is a sponser for my RC stuff.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Actually, for the officially unofficial Colorado rally stickers, as I understand it Mrs. Aircooled (his wife) is designing the image. I'm just the guy who's going to print them. But, like I said, I can make them whatever size we need. So, rest assured gaijin, I'll be sure to make some window-sized ones for yourself and whoever else that wil be in attendence that would like them.

As for the cut vinyl (like the image above), I can do just about anything for that, since the plotter is here at home and the designs are simpler (aka even a poor designer like me can give it a shot!)

Matt

gaijin said:
Matt,

You're on the right track, man; but BIGGER!

I was thinking about something that would go on the side window, looked something like the door panels you did last year, but cover the whole window.

Something with the rally theme.

Design? Trust me, I'm worse than you, so go for it!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sadly, I'm not going to be able to make the rally, as my honeymoon will be a two week trip through the western/southwestern US two weeks prior. Are these decals available only for people who can make the trip, or could I talk someone into letting me buy some?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Ok, since I started thinking about the whole logo copyright stuff lately, after it was brought up to Grafico about the Brembo decals in another thread, I've decided to modify my design to avoid any potential issues. While I greatly doubt I would have any problems, I want to ensure there will be no corporate wrath towards me for using a logo without permission. So, I've modified my design a bit. Here's the new proof:

I'm sorry to those who had their heart set on a logo, but I will not be producing that one. It's a risk I'm not willing to take. Even though I'm not selling these things to make money or for personal gain, I want to cover my backside so as to avoid any potential problems. If at some future point I am able to get permission from someone at VW, in writing, I would be willing to make them. I hope you all can understand and appreciate this.

Matt

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Nefarious said:
gaijin said:
Yeti said:
TREGinginCO said:
We are now:

7 People 4 Touaregs

9 people; 5 touaregs
I'll add in a fee people that I know probably won't chime in here but have said they are coming

Rickanns +2
Hapster +3
ButteBeautie +2
plewis +2 (added today)
Mountainlord +1

17 people 10 Touaregs

I fully expect 18 Touaregs to join us, not counting VW supplied vehicles. More people will jump on board as we move closer.

EDIT: I'm a dumbass and can't count properly. Good thing that I'm not running this event. Oh wait . . . . :drunk:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts