Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a 2007 with a 4.2. Does anyone know of a common cause for oil leaking under intake manifold. Just wanting to know before pulling intake

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I saw in a search the source is the oil filter housing and/or oil separator hose. Doing a smoke check revealed the separator is leaking I'll replace it as well. Thanks Crestwood T1V8.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Friend of mine have had same issue and yes it was one O shaped seal and one was 8 shaped seal, both cost few pennies but to get there you need to remove the intake manifold

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2007 4.2 V8 oil under intake

Yep, that's what I found. By the time oil comes out the front weep hole there is a bunch of oil in the valley of the block. Also if you've been getting intermittent misfire codes be prepared to do carbon removal from the valves. With the direct injection system, doing an injection flush will not help and the position of the intake pipe would make it difficult to do a induction service, so it's manually cleaning the carbon off by scraping and blowing it out. Be sure to rotate the engine to shut the valves so the carbon does not fall into the engine.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
There is a diy on the Audi forums. Search google 2007 Audi 4.2 FSI oil leak.

How do you rotate the engine exhaust valves with car taken apart. I assume turn the crack pulley??

·
Registered
665 Posts
There is a diy on the Audi forums. Search google 2007 Audi 4.2 FSI oil leak. How do you rotate the engine exhaust valves with car taken apart. I assume turn the crack pulley??
That's correct, there is a socket that has flat sides on outside of socket and fits into the circle of bolts that attach the crank pulley.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That's correct, there is a socket that has flat sides on outside of socket and fits into the circle of bolts that attach the crank pulley.
Thank you sir. I bought the socket. I also found if belt is still hooked up u can just turn alternator bolt clock wise. I think it was 15/16 bolt. I did that was easy to get to.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Is it hard to turn to fight compression? Will removing the spark plugs help make it easier? Also when putting the 4-sided tool on the crank pulley, are we talking using a socket extension with no socket in the end? If so, what size? 3/4" drive? Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts