Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired a 07 touareg with the v6. The timing chain needs to be replaced and I was wondering what replacement kit you guys recommend. I am also wondering what else I should replace while the engine is removed. (Already changing the intake gaskets)

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
2,503 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Interested in how you came to this conclusion?
Was it VW or a mechanic who advised based on some hardcore troubleshooting?
Or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interested in how you came to this conclusion?
Was it VW or a mechanic who advised based on some hardcore troubleshooting?
Or something else?

VW mechanic, private mechanic, and my own research

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Can you share your findings?
I have a friend with a 3.2 (3.6 older brother) and some chain related fault codes. Would like to see if you’re replaced any parts to confirm, like chain tensioner or any sensors. As for info on the kits, i can get you some technical guides but I strongly recommend that you stick to vw parts for this kind of job. The 3.6 is used across the vw group so don’t restrict yourself to only this forum if you want to gather data on what you should replace while engine is out. I suggest you search for anything related to 3.6 vw audi seat skoda. You will have a better luck with vw and audi keywords I guess. If you need any technical steps let me know. I haven’t done any chain replacing vodoo but I can get you some info if you haven’t already bought an online access to service manuals and all that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A
Can you share your findings?
I have a friend with a 3.2 (3.6 older brother) and some chain related fault codes. Would like to see if you’re replaced any parts to confirm, like chain tensioner or any sensors. As for info on the kits, i can get you some technical guides but I strongly recommend that you stick to vw parts for this kind of job. The 3.6 is used across the vw group so don’t restrict yourself to only this forum if you want to gather data on what you should replace while engine is out. I suggest you search for anything related to 3.6 vw audi seat skoda. You will have a better luck with vw and audi keywords I guess. If you need any technical steps let me know. I haven’t done any chain replacing vodoo but I can get you some info if you haven’t already bought an online access to service manuals and all that.

Alright, thanks for the advice. I was going to try and stay as OEM as possible. I'll let you guys know if I have any issues, but I'll crack open the engine to figure out exactly what I'm gonna need to replace other than the chains. I'll also be taking pictures, and I'll let you know what else needs replacing, other than the chain.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Watch this guy for some hints. It’s a 3.2.
Sealant and tightening sequence hints for example.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts