Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for either a late model V10 Toureg TDI (08-09) or the V6 TDi (2010) with the same body style.

Would prefer black exterior on black leather interior.

Looking for all of the options here, (Lux and Lux Plus Packages) including:
- Locking Rear Diff
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- 4 Zone Climate Control
- Air Suspension
- Black Leather Interior
- Front Assist
- Parking Sens
- Reverse Camera
- Navigation System
- Side Assist (Blind Spot Detection)
- Heated Seats and Mirrors
- Push to Start

... One can dream... right?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Looking for either a late model V10 Toureg TDI (08-09) or the V6 TDi (2010) with the same body style.

Would prefer black exterior on black leather interior.

[stuff snipped]

... One can dream... right?
You may find a V10 with most, maybe all of those options. You will not find a V6 with all of them...the air suspension alone is *very* difficult to find. I've seen two on the market since November...missed one by an hour, bought the other. :)

So you have two decisions to make...

1 - V6 versus V10. Are you willing to put up with the complexity and cost of the V10?
2 - What options are deal breakers?

Some of the options you list, such as lane departure warning and adaptive speed control, were available in 2009 but not 2010. (See MotorTrend's option list for each model year.)

The search is part of the fun. I drove my first TDI Touareg in 2011, bought my '10 V6 TDI in November. (I wasn't actively looking most of that time).

And of course a well kept car with more miles and fewer options is usually a better deal than an abused car with all the goodies. In my case, I was very fortunate...I found a well kept car, with all the goodies available in 2010, from an amazing forum member (thanks Pilot!), only a couple of hours from me.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Be prepared to drive or fly to get the one that you want. That's why I did and ended up very happy with my choice.

Some of those options are VERY difficult to add. Others are expensive to add. But most are difficult AND expensive to add after the fact. LOL!

·
Registered
734 Posts
i have this , if you are interested
with all the above options and ACC /rear diff
100k miles
V10
Speaking of well-kept vehicles...and a stand up forum member.

I bought Pilot's other Touareg (both personal ownership, he's not a dealer), and I would not hesitate to buy another one from him!

Strongly recommended!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Speaking of well-kept vehicles...and a stand up forum member.

I bought Pilot's other Touareg (both personal ownership, he's not a dealer), and I would not hesitate to buy another one from him!

Strongly recommended!
haha ! thanks Lee i appreciate the good feedback :)
i will be in Boston tomorrow , probably for the whole day , let me know if you have time to show you the R50 ;)

·
Registered
734 Posts
haha ! thanks Lee i appreciate the good feedback :)
i will be in Boston tomorrow , probably for the whole day , let me know if you have time to show you the R50 ;)
Of course. I'd like to buy you lunch in my town. :)

BTW, if you need a place to stay over...

(Just sent you an text...)

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks Lee , i really appreciate it brother !

i gotta drive back , Flying out on Wednesday ;) ...you already know !

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 2008 V10 with 68k miles is listed on the forum for sale. Black/Sienna is the color, but it has all options except for ACC

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the replies folks! To recap so far...

Definitely willing to fly to find "the one", I flew to see another forum members '08 V10 and really loved it. After more searching I decided to wait until I found one that had all the options I was looking for. I travel a lot for work and for the trips that make more sense to drive than fly, I would love to have the ACC. This alone makes it a must have for me. After driving a new Volvo in Canada last year that had ACC, I was just amazed at how intuitive the system on that car was, although I haven't used the ACC in a Touareg before, I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint.

VW enthusiast myself, I have a 2005 golf TDi I bought with 90k in 2008 from another enthusiast in Indiana, and 7-8 years later I have over 300k on her and she still runs like a champ, pulling trailers, other vehicles, loads of mulch. She's been an awesome car, and will be kept, just looking for a little more comfort now :)

Speaking of Pilot, I have seen many posts from him and can tell he is a valuable member! I would definitely like to get more information about your 'Reg.

I think I covered everything, figured I'd post and put it out there for what I am looking for, sure beats checking the forums, eBay and Craigslist constantly for a pretty rare vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts