Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No error codes, already changed both fuel pumps, passenger fuel pump flange with the pressure regulator, crank position sensor and battery.
I've run out of ideas. Have seen other posts about this and one said the dealer changed a check valve. Have not been able to find a "check valve" and wondering if they just meant the pressure regulator.
Anybody know what else it could be?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Forgive me, but what exactly is happening when you try to start? Longer than normal cranking time and then it fires properly? Cranking and no start (constant or intermittent)?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Engine will crank for 8 to 10 seconds trying to start. Sometimes, it will start on the first attempt. If it doesn't start during the first attempt, I cycle the key and it will start normal.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Couple of videos showing what it's doing. First one is after the car sat all day and the second after sitting about an hour. Doesn't need to be an hour though. I've run into the gas station and come back a few minutes later and it will still take a long time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a Ross Tech cable; not a generic scanner. Like I said, no codes.
As mentioned in my first post, battery is new and if it fails to start on the first try, I can cycle the key and it will usually start normal. This is what leads me to believe it's a fuel pressure problem. I've rented two fuel pressure testers from Autozone in order to test fuel pressure however, both of them leaked so I could not test it properly. The reason I asked about a check valve is because when I cracked open the fuel line to install the testers, I got no residual fuel pressure in the line. Usually when one opens up a fuel line, you get some spray from the residual fuel pressure.
Searched the Cayenne Forum and found this. Balky starting - any ideas? - 9PA, 9PA1 (Cayenne, Cayenne S, Cayenne Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S) - RennTech.org Community
I've ordered a new fuel filter flange and hope this is the fix.
I'll update next week.

·
Registered
48 Posts
With my V6TDI fuel pump runs as soon as key is inserted, this builds up the line pressure. FSI shouldn't be much different. What happens if you wait awhile after inserting key and then starting??

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Have you checked both the fuel pressure and the fuel flow amount?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts