Club Touareg Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With great regret, I offer up my 2006 V10. it has ~51K miles on it, with a CPO warranty to 74k. my family has expanded beyond what I can carry with the Touareg, and the only person that will miss the t-rex more than me is my wife.

All factory options are included in the 2006 model year V10 TDI (navigation, 4 zone heated seats, heated mirrors, 4 zone climate control, auto level air suspension, tow hitch, front/rear plates, cd changer, middle aux input, etc).....with the exception of the mechanical locker.

Other Accessories include Gorilla cargo mat (dark grey liner for the trunk area), Factory carpet floor mats, VW Factory Monster Mats (full set).

Tires were installed at 49K miles and service has been kept up to date. Both headlights were replaced under warranty, but no other work has been done (nothing needed i know of).

I imagine it will need brakes in the next 5-7k miles (although the light hasnt come on).....just guessing here, and want to be completely upfront on everything i know on it.

there is a slight plastic blemish on the inside of each rear door from hoisting infant carriers into the rear (I am pretty sure it will buff off, haven't tried)

As soon as the weather breaks, i will post some photos. (snow is rare here in NC)

last 5 of VIN:61095

I am asking basically trade in value, i would just rather see someone wanting a V10 to get it rather than the dealer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
be nice....but it is in a garage all the time....so no big need...
....i dont think that was even an option in 06 and 07.....guys on here would know better though

i drive it maybe once or twice a week(i work from home).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a dealer pointed out to me today in their offer, the KBB values changed today......but i will still take trade in value, which is now $31K.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My buddy sprang some information on me this weekend (He is relocating to Hong Kong), so I am definitely interested in selling the Touareg, to buy his 4 month old QX56.....Probably needs to happen in a week if it is going to happen.

So first $31,000 that makes it to me, gets the V10 plus warranty.......

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nice truck. If I were looking today, I'd send you a check for it without hesitation.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have now missed my buddies deal (he is on his way to Hong Kong), but I still need to find something bigger for my family. Had Touareg serviced this week (still at the dealer with ice here), so should be good to go for a while.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apologies if you have written me in the last couple days.....my computer was in a bad shape, but have it going again. If i haven't wrote you back, please send it again and i will do my best to respond.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am guessing Silver isnt everyone's first pick.....Lots of lookers, several people without enough credit to finish the deal......

·
Registered
119 Posts
You said it doesn't have the rear differential locker, but I noticed your rotary switch has the setting for it...?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, i claim ignorance on this one. I assumed it didn't have it......but i think you are actually right now that i look at other pictures. I appreciate the advice.

The biggest offroad trip it has taken was a gravel driveway to get to my parents farm.....

Wish that button made the car bigger though....

·
Banned
2,818 Posts
It is scary that people with bad credit think about buying a car like that.
They obviously do not know maintenance cost.
apparently quite a few of them too
How dumb do people get?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have to disagree, people want, what they want.....I don't think pure maintenance costs are all that out of line with any other premium brand. Catastrophic Failure costs are higher than normal, but you have to cover yourself with the correct warranty, or take on your own accord and roll the dice.

·
Registered
782 Posts
hatleye, I do not know enough to tell you HOW to go about this, but another potential market for your low mileage V10 that you may want to look into is the collectors market.

The reason (I was told) is that the fully loaded V10s (the 06s I believe in the US only came fully loaded) were a short lived niche market with real life Piech all over it and have come to the attention of at least some collectors. One collector that I know (and another that I was told of) both focus on older Porsches, niche VWs, and one of them also in old niche motorcycles recently scooped up an 04V10 and an 06V10. They are interested in getting them to pristine shape (if not already there) and show caseing (housing) them in there individual collections.

I assume that collectors are not a big group of buyers (although I do not really know) and may only be loosely organized, if at all ... but maybe a potential market to look into.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hatleye, you mentioned in a previous post that your family is expanding, my wife and i have two young kids 6 and 4, and are expecting #3 in 4 weeks. we love the tregs and are really considering one. my question is, with your family, how many kids were in the back , and what ages. wondering if its just a little tight or not. thanks in advance, steve

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.