Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Touareg has been good to me for 265,000 miles. but now has some problems. First. the electrical system has a problem that locked me from being able to shift into drive after starting the engine.
I now have a work around by pressing a button that bypass's the lockout, but I still get warnings (workshop, brakes). Also the transmission has some slip in it and makes a high pitched sound (kind of like the sound of a power steering pump) when driving at low speed. Too many problems for me so I will sell it for the value of the engine which is still running like new and has had both batterys replaced.
It still drives. I might be interested in some sort of trade.
Make me an offer, it has a great V10 turbo diesel if you happen to need one
Richard Evans in San Antonio, TX

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2006 V10

This Touareg has been good to me for 265,000 miles. but now has some problems. First. the electrical system has a problem that locked me from being able to shift into drive after starting the engine.
I now have a work around by pressing a button that bypass's the lockout, but I still get warnings (workshop, brakes). Also the transmission has some slip in it and makes a high pitched sound (kind of like the sound of a power steering pump) when driving at low speed. Too many problems for me so I will sell it for the value of the engine which is still running like new and has had both batterys replaced.
It still drives. I might be interested in some sort of trade.
Make me an offer, it has a great V10 turbo diesel if you happen to need one

Richard Evans in San Antonio, TX
Here are some answers to some questions I have been asked:
Options/ Sunroof, heated seats (front and rear)
leather interior, tiptronic transmission, zone climate system. full power seats in front.

Features?
same as above

General condition?

needs the transmission problem looked into, and the electrical problem corrected. If those this were done, there are still cosmetic issues. Could be a great tow vehicle or hunting "truck" or work vehicle, but I wouldn't get it for my wife as a my thought is that it has a good motor and lots of good parts. It could be the source of things needed for a project vehicle, it could be made into a very cool cruiser.

Best/Worst things?
Recent maintenance done/due
Had maintenance about 10,000 miles back.

This is being offered as mentioned in the ad, a bit of a project, could be used for parts or someone who is inclined could make it a project and restore it back to a valuable vehicle. I am expecting to sell it cheap because I haven't got the room of the time to work on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts