Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My V10 suddenly lost power and sounds different. Wastgate opens a lot and there is a different grumble from the engine.

It also has terrible mileage (<10 mpg) and the exhaust pipes are seriously black (more than ever).

First mystery: No CEL

Second mystery: First fault scan showed intermittent fault for P1952 Turbo Control Module; I cleared the error and drove it again; second fault scan no repeat of turbo fault, but now P0101 Mass Air Flow Sensor - implausible signal.

Has anyone seen this before?

·
Banned
7,167 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
My V10 suddenly lost power and sounds different. Wastgate opens a lot and there is a different grumble from the engine.

It also has terrible mileage (<10 mpg) and the exhaust pipes are seriously black (more than ever).

First mystery: No CEL

Second mystery: First fault scan showed intermittent fault for P1952 Turbo Control Module; I cleared the error and drove it again; second fault scan no repeat of turbo fault, but now P0101 Mass Air Flow Sensor - implausible signal.

Has anyone seen this before?

I'm having the same issue. I would try and accelerate and the truck would just idl down the road. My T-reg is at the shop now. Did you find out what the issue was? Did they fix the problem? I told the shop check and clean the mass air flow sensor. Looking forward to hear what they found out with yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts