Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, looking to upgrade the nav system as its too old, I see post about some upgrade for Touareg's but did not see any for V10 , anybody know of any threads to look at?
Hoping some one has gone through this as I hope not to go crazy rewiring!!!
Just upgraded my wheels to 20" and the ride is so good!!!

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Zenec are the top Germany after market manufacturer I have the ZE-NC2051D and i believe it should fit your vehicle also. Zenec Australia are selling one for less than half price right now on Ebay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zenec are the top Germany after market manufacturer I have the ZE-NC2051D and i believe it should fit your vehicle also. Zenec Australia are selling one for less than half price right now on Ebay
Thanks for replying ,
Did you have to buy add on adaptors extra wiring etc,or did you just plug in,do all speakers work or just four? It's looks expensive at over $1000 on eBay

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Thanks for replying ,
Did you have to buy add on adaptors extra wiring etc,or did you just plug in,do all speakers work or just four? It's looks expensive at over $1000 on eBay
Cannot speak about the Zenec unit but would be interested to know from Odessa how much functionality if any he lost when he installed it.

I have just fitted a RNS510 and a Kunset Canbus decoder and now have absolutely full controls and no speaker issues. In fact the MFD displays more info now than with the RNS2 unit.
Still was expensive at over $1200 for all parts + still to purchase a Bluetooth setup and reverse camera all genuine.

regards
Drag

·
Registered
160 Posts
Cannot speak about the Zenec unit but would be interested to know from Odessa how much functionality if any he lost when he installed it.

I have just fitted a RNS510 and a Kunset Canbus decoder and now have absolutely full controls and no speaker issues. In fact the MFD displays more info now than with the RNS2 unit.
Still was expensive at over $1200 for all parts + still to purchase a Bluetooth setup and reverse camera all genuine.

regards
Drag
I would love to do that because it's the only way to retain everything and get whats up to date tech at the same time. I especially would want to go this route because it saves the moving angle backup camera feature that no aftermarket can provide, apparently. But WHY is it 4x more expensive to go this route than to get an aftermarket...Maybe I'll have to ask Santa :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.