Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am putting my 2006 V10 up for sale. The kids are off to college and i don't need a family hauler any longer. I purchased this as a lease return in 2008 with 35k on it. I did the DPF/EGR delete at 50k. A custom tune from custom spooling increased the hp to 350 and the torque to 600 ftlbs. And deleted the particulate filters regen cycle with out throwing any codes. For those that don't know, this regen cycle dumps raw diesel into the DPF to cook off carbon build up with the adverse effect of dumping soot into the engine through the exhaust gas recirculating system. This adds to early failure of the turbos in addition to other nasty issues. I had the diesel particulate filters removed, gutted, then welded backup and reinstalled with the sensors in place So it doesn't throw any codes. Then a custom map was created for optimal tune and deleting the automatic regen cycle that dumps fuel into the dpf. It is my option in that and engine with this set up can go many more trouble free miles than with the stock set up. I have seen v10’s with over 500k miles on them. There is no reason to believe this one could achieve that, being that the offending cause of early death was removed at an early stage of its life (50k).
In addition, i have installed heavier front and rear sway bars from a Porsche turbo S , direct bolt on replacement. As well as a center prop shaft from a turbo S, when the original started making noise. I bought this Touareg from Sonnen Porsche in Marin county, California. I was able to work with their parts department comparing Porsche and VW parts. I own a supercharged v8 4runner, a Gwagon, a big diesel Dodge Ram, and this Touareg is by far my favorite car to drive. It is out of this world in performance and luxury. The car is located in Sonoma County California. I will provide a California smog certificate to California buyer. Just rolled over 100k miles 18500.00 obo

·
Registered
29 Posts
Don’t think you listed mileage..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Jo, the interior is black leather, i,m out of town until Monday, i can send you pics on Tuesday, It is pristine in and out. I will consider your offer

·
Registered
22 Posts
No fitment issues with the Turbo S driveshaft? I've heard the V10 is a little shorter than the gasoline fueled Touaregs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We lated the two shafts(Touareg & Porsch) side by side in the parts room at Sonnen. Exactly the same. There is no advantage to using the Porsche shaft, it was just cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, who did the EGR/DPF "upgrade", including the re-mapping on you V10? We recently bought a 2008 and are located in the SF bay area. We don't need more power, just reliability...and the ability to continue passing California smog inspections. However, I do like better handling, did you find an affordable source for the swaybars? We use the Touareg for towing Icelandic horses around, backcountry ski/bike trips and as a rural disaster/EMS first-response vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am putting my 2006 V10 up for sale. The kids are off to college and i don't need a family hauler any longer. I purchased this as a lease return in 2008 with 35k on it. I did the DPF/EGR delete at 50k. A custom tune from custom spooling increased the hp to 350 and the torque to 600 ftlbs. And deleted the particulate filters regen cycle with out throwing any codes. For those that don't know, this regen cycle dumps raw diesel into the DPF to cook off carbon build up with the adverse effect of dumping soot into the engine through the exhaust gas recirculating system. This adds to early failure of the turbos in addition to other nasty issues. I had the diesel particulate filters removed, gutted, then welded backup and reinstalled with the sensors in place So it doesn't throw any codes. Then a custom map was created for optimal tune and deleting the automatic regen cycle that dumps fuel into the dpf. It is my option in that and engine with this set up can go many more trouble free miles than with the stock set up. I have seen v10’s with over 500k miles on them. There is no reason to believe this one could achieve that, being that the offending cause of early death was removed at an early stage of its life (50k).
In addition, i have installed heavier front and rear sway bars from a Porsche turbo S , direct bolt on replacement. As well as a center prop shaft from a turbo S, when the original started making noise. I bought this Touareg from Sonnen Porsche in Marin county, California. I was able to work with their parts department comparing Porsche and VW parts. I own a supercharged v8 4runner, a Gwagon, a big diesel Dodge Ram, and this Touareg is by far my favorite car to drive. It is out of this world in performance and luxury. The car is located in Sonoma County California. I will provide a California smog certificate to California buyer. Just turned over 100k 18500.00 obo View attachment 234780

1 - 10 of 10 Posts