Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale 2006 v10 touareg.
It comes with four extra tires & wheels.
The wheels are manhatons , the tire are nokian hakkapeliitta r suv 255/55r18 109 r xl .
A pella 14 oil exstrater,12 qts 507 oil & filter.
It has two new batteries,and new batteries in both key fobs.
It has a new drive shaft.
It has new headlight lenses & tail light lenses.
I am the 2nd owner, it was vw certified when i bought it,so it has warranty left.
I have the original window sticker & all of the paper work for all work done on it since i have owned it.
I also have a folder full of vw self study guides for it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,219 Posts
If you decide to sell one of the sets of wheels separately pm me, I'm interested in either set.

·
Registered
551 Posts
How many miles?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would be interested in the snow tires if willing to sell separately. I can pick up locally as well.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After reading the cpo warranty book I learned that the warranty is good
until 6-11-2013, the book states 2 years from end of warranty or 2 years from date of cpo purchase.
I bought the touareg on 6-11-2010.
The service manger needs to read up .

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Why did you cover most of the VIN? It is information completely standard in the car selling process. It makes it look like you don't want anyone to be able to run a carfax. There is nothing anyone can gain about you personally with the VIN.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
After reading the cpo warranty book I learned that the warranty is good
until 6-11-2013, the book states 2 years from end of warranty or 2 years from date of cpo purchase.
I bought the touareg on 6-11-2010.
The service manger needs to read up .
It is definitely not "either/or" You should have a written page where it an actual date is stated, warranties are never left up to interpretation.

For example, it would definitely not be simply from your date of purchase if it had still been within the factory warranty. In that case the end date would actually be longer than 2 yrs because it would use a 6 year total which started the day it first went "in service"

Now, if the car sat on a dealer lot past the end of the factory 4 year time frame, and then you bought it as a cpo, your warranty would be exactly 2 yrs from your own purchase date.

Make sense? Being a 2006, it could have easily been still within the factory 4 year period on "6-11-2010"

You still need to verify it's original "in service date" which should show on your papers, but maybe not. My cpo BMW has a set of pages showing all that stuff, build date, first registration (in service date normally, unless sometimes when a car is held as a demo forever into higher miles even though not "sold" yet), and exact end date of cpo warranty.

My car was within the factory so even though I have had it a year, I would still be inside the factory portion of the warranty, except I ran up my miles past 50k, so for me, miles put me into cpo warranty coverage even though by time, I would still be inside the factory length for another month now.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, Im not trying to hide anything.
I put the last 6 numbers because the club rules required it.
The full vin is WVGPT77L66D062644.
Here is my cell # 314-218-5391.
I would be glad to talk with anyone abought it.
The only reason Im selling it is I am buying a different house that needs alot of work, and I need the cash for it.
I was planning on keeping it a long time because I beleave it will become a collecter car, and eventually go up in value.
The first page of the cpo warranty book states 2 years or 24,000 miles which ever occurs first.
The warranty period begins when the new-vehicle warranty expires or on the VW CPO sale date, whichever occurs later.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The oldest date I can find in the paper work is 2-19 2007.
I think your dealer may be correct then based on almost exactly 6 years and your earlier post:

"I called the vw dealer where I bought the touareg he said my certified
warranty is good until 2-15 -2013 or 69,000 miles. "

However, if you add 24,000 miles to the factory 50,000, that's 74,000, not 69,000. He's sounding goofy though because even the 2009 and newer cars with the shorter factory warranty of 36,000 would cpo +24,000 for a total of 60,000. Neither way ads up to just 69,000.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.