Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what our 2006 TDI V10 RED VW Touareg with less than 47,000miles on it, and in great condition (Photos later) might draw in term of US $ cash?
(And, what is best way to get it.)
Thx

· Registered
427 Posts
You will get the best price with a private sale to someone who is knowledgeable on VW's. Any auto dealer is going to look the car up in the resale database and see it as a max of $5,000 (go check blue-book online). The biggest hit on the resale is that it's a TDI, and with the VW diesel issues dealers don't want to mess with them.

There's recently been a story on this forum of someone who got a great deal on a TDI because the dealer took it as a trade in without knowing the engine type. Then priced it to dump it when he found out.

Check Auto Trader.com to see similar cars for sale. I'd suspect a good price to a private seller would be between $18,000 and $28,000.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
If that's in really good condition then you need to find an enthusiast who knows the V10.

Personally I'd try very hard to keep that car!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reply. Maybe I should look more into keeping it. Minor repairs and maintenance add up. I am not mechanically saavy. But, it has been a great car; safety wise; ride wise; etc.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was very helpful Euless. You are correct about the auto trader's lowballing. I know these engines will deliver another 250-300,000 miles!
Will get back to you when I search on auto trader. Someone coming to see it tomorrow. Your post boosts my confidence. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.