Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all of you.First time posting on here and I need some help.my 2006 tou. Is failing to start some time and when I say some time I mean maybe once a week or even once in to week so I took it to the best doctors in Warrington and they had it for 4 day and they couldn't find anything wrong with it and is always started wile was the but since I got it bk is doing it has anyone had any similar problems?thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hello,

Do you mean that ik takes long crank time till it starts?
That does happen more, mostly because the injector holes did become oval so the o-rings can't seal the fuel line anymore.
You can try with new o-rings but mostly you need to resleeve the injector holes...

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Start with a fresh battery

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a new battery and a new alternator and it's still doing it it comes up with a fault code saying the cam shafts sensor but I had that checked out and is not that nether the wires.now it's been 8 days since last time it did.what is very weard is that you try to starthe it for 10 time and it's just won't have and then you leave it for 5 minutes and it will start like it never had a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey are you left with the starter whirring and just wont fire? happens periodically with mine..its the butterfly getting gunked up, generous application of carb spray and a good clean usually sorts it for a few months.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Good point. Pull the intake pipe and see if the ASV is open.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, this seems to be the typical Problem with the r5 engine. As written before the injector holes become oval because the injectors are only mounted on one side and jam. The gaskets can't seal and air gets into the fuel drain. New sealings worked at my car. Additionally I installed special Aluminium wedges to Keep the incjectors from getting jammed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts