Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starts cold. Runs great - until I stop it and then it won't start until it has sat for awhile.

Recently had the 2005 engine replaced with one that is a 2006 or 2007.

With this starting issue, had a new battery put in. Problem persists.

Could it be a faulty or missing engine to chassis ground strap? Can anyone point out where it should be connected?

·
Registered
664 Posts
We're looking for details so that we can attempt to guide you.
What engine? Gas? Diesel? Propane?
Any particular displacement? L5, v6, v8, v10?
Was it replaced with similar, or was originally a 5cyl and is now a v10?
I know my avatar shows a mind reading helmet, but I assure you it's only a joke!
I don't actually have one and I'm guessing that no one else around here does either.

As I said, any details would help.
Do you have VCDS?
Do you have any scanner?
Do you have any CELs?
Did whoever replace it know what they were doing?
Did you ask them about the problem since they are the ones who worked on it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is a 2.5 litre diesel.
The engine it was replaced with was the same, just newer.
It was R&R'd by a certified mechanic - but since we picked it up, we have not gone back for reasons I won't go into.
We have since taken it to our regular mechanic who felt that a battery replacement was needed as it had sat for a year waiting for the engine availability and then the replacement.
Yes, it was throwing codes, but, our regular mechanic said that once one thing goes wrong a lot of codes will show that have nothing to do with the problem.
I am hoping that someone else has had the same issue and been able to rectify it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
We are now getting some shreds of detail... still not enough.
Can you get whatever codes from your mechanic now?
If not, describe in full detail under what circumstances it fails to restart. Is it only when it reaches full temp? Does it crank and not start, does it not crank, etc.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Need vagcom scan. Crank position sensors can do this but don't start replacing parts yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts