Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and good afternoon, guys.

Has anyone ever heard of a 2005 VW Touareg ignition cylinder, loosen then fall into the DASHBOARD?

I currently have it at the VW Dealership, because I don't have any repair knowledge.

This sounds absolutely ridiculous, also they are pretending that they don't have a clue on what the cost is to make the repair.

Can they access the key cylinder by taking out the stereo?

Anyone know anything about this?

You can also email me to my personal email at >>> [email protected] or my work email >>> [email protected]

THANK YOU ~ in advance for your... HELP ~!

Keith

馃お

Super Moderator
I have heard of it, but not for a long time. I don't recall what the fix was either aside from tearing the dash apart to access the switch to reinstall it.

Registered
Keirh - You should never put your email addresses on public websites like this. Strongly recommend you amend your post to remove them.

Registered
Hello and good afternoon, guys.

Has anyone ever heard of a 2005 VW Touareg ignition cylinder, loosen then fall into the DASHBOARD?

I currently have it at the VW Dealership, because I don't have any repair knowledge.

This sounds absolutely ridiculous, also they are pretending that they don't have a clue on what the cost is to make the repair.

Can they access the key cylinder by taking out the stereo?

Anyone know anything about this?

You can also email me to my personal email at >>> [email protected] or my work email >>> [email protected]

THANK YOU ~ in advance for your... HELP ~!

Keith

馃お
Yes it happened to me and what I did was pull the radio and in the top left corner you can access the ignition key module. In fact its happened a couple of times that the last time I used some electrical tape around the end of the cylinder and made sure that it was very tightly taped. So far so good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts