Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a 2005 V8 Touareg.

It has 108,000 kms (67,000 miles).

The owner tells me he has never had any problems with it. Full VW service history, no accidents and no current issues at all, (I will be checking all that).

Any advice?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Yes, read the buying a used Touareg thread carefully and thoroughly - the link is in my signature below.

And that V8 is possibly/probably still on it's original 11 year old timing belt - service life 5 years or 80,000 miles, whichever comes first - so that is an immediate expense for new belt, tensioners, water pump and thermostat.

If the belt breaks, the engine is toast.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nice, I just traded in my 05' V8, make sure the transmission is down shifting smoothly
I had the hard downshift from 5th to 4th, the valve body in the trans can be a issue. also you will have a upcoming Timing belt replacement @ 128kms, so budget at least 1500 for that.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
As my post above, do not wait on kms if it has not been done - the rubber band needs changing ASAP!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I anticipated the timing belt matter (as I have a 2005 Passat Tdi) and emailed the owner to ask. I also sent my local VW dealer an email to get a full quote, parts, labor and taxes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts