Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Our '05 V6 Touareg recently had it's Check Engine Light illuminated. The VAG reader gave fault code P2189: System Too Lean At Idle Bank 2. I cleared this fault then the following day the EPC light came on. The VAG reader gave no associated faults with this light but was able to clear it. A couple of days later and now both the Engine light and EPC light are illuminated.
Could anyone suggest possible causes for these two lights to be illuminated?
Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
could possibly be dirty MAF or throttle body

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
hi, if it would have been MAF it would not be only on Bank 2.
my personal opinion is vacuum leak :)
kind regards, Nikoloz

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help. Found a trio of split hoses that have now been fixed which has cleared the engine fault. I still have the EPC light illuminated though. Is there a common cause for these lights to come on with the V6 fuel injected engines? I'm not getting any fault codes with my reader to help narrow it down.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Touareg - 3.2L BMX
578 Posts
Thanks for the help. Found a trio of split hoses that have now been fixed which has cleared the engine fault. I still have the EPC light illuminated though. Is there a common cause for these lights to come on with the V6 fuel injected engines? I'm not getting any fault codes with my reader to help narrow it down.
If I unplug my MAF get an EPC code. Generally the code is related to sensors in the throttle body, or gas pedal. If either have a fault you should get an EPC light and error code. Never have gotten an EPC light without some type of code. If the error is the throttle body car will either go into limp mode and wont rev more than 1,500 or will have a somewhat normal throttle response but rev high between shifts. Cruise control will not work in either condition. If car responds normally with an EPC code probably not the gas pedal or throttle body.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't noticed any difference in the cars performance, although I don't drive it too often as it's the wifey's car. The cruise control doesn't work, but it hasn't worked since we bought it nearly 4 years ago. The reader that I've been using is just a cheap eBay unit. Maybe I need something better to get a fault code??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts