Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am finally parting ways with my Touareg. I am the original owner and have had it since it was brand. He has been lovingly cared for and I have done a lot of maintenance and improvements.

Car Stats:
  • 2005 Touareg V8
  • Exterior Green
  • Interior Upgraded Beige Leather
  • 162K miles
  • Premium sound II package
  • Cold Weather Package
  • Air suspension
  • Premium Wheels w/ Upgraded (larger size tires 265/60R18 about a year ago for $900)
  • In the photo the truck is set at highest height setting.
  • I still have the cargo hatch cover

Improvements:
- installed a Pioneer head unit (has GPS, Bluetooth, Handsfree phone integration, etc.) AVIC-Z150BH - Flagship In-Dash Navigation (This was install by Hurleys audio and looks like it came this was from the factory)

• Additional external amplifier for woofer/center speaker
  • WeatherTECH mats all around (and trunk)
  • High end ceramic tint (light tint but very high heat/IR rejection) - Bought to protect the leather seats
  • Towing package
  • Yakima Roof rack with Spoiler
  • I have an extra set of headrests in the beige color (I was going to modify them to fit TV screens)
  • I proactively replaced the front lower control arms and tie rod linkages
  • I replaced the headlights (the old ones had issue with the internal wire insulation deterioration)
  • I still have the original Navigation Head unit and amplifiers in case anyone wants to go back to stock.

Maintenance Summary
  • 85K Timing Belt and water Pump & Thermostat
  • 110K Replace rear hatch and glass window struts
  • 115K Replaced blower motor
  • 118k Replaced Hood Struts & Installed new radio, nav, Sirius, backup camera, bluetooth and amplifiers
  • 119K Replaced Battery & main belt and pulleys
  • 122k Replaced smart alarm module & rear brake light
  • 123K Replaced control arms & alignment, valve and cam seals, differential flushes, tie rod end
  • 135k Driver and passenger headlight assemblies and bulbs from ad back
  • 140k Replaced transmission cooler (including full transmission fluid flush), catalytic converters, both header pipes and expansion joints
  • 145k Replaced drive shaft bearing with with vertex unit & replaced drive guibo disc
  • 160K Rear drivers side suspension height sensor
  • 161k VW Recall replaced the fuel pump seal and plastic fuel manifold
  • 162K Rear brake pads and sensor & Refresh of secondary air system (relays, vacuum hoses, vacuum rods, fuses, and rebuild of the intake pivot points)

I still need to detail and take some more pictures, but please drop me an IM if you are interested. I'm asking $4500 since I would like this to go to a good home. If you add the tires, headunit, weatherTECH, and roof rack you are almost at $3000k :) I also have a second set of rims fitted with a full set of Blizzack snow tires (this would be an extra $500)

- Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had a number of folks ask for more photos. Please see below. The suitcoat hanger is removable. The headunit does include a backup camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure. I had the extended warranty on the vehicle, and just before it expired the thermostat went bad. When the dealership had the engine apart to replace the thermostat I paid them to also replace the timing mechanism (i didn't see it so I don;t know if it is a chain or belt) regardless I had it replaced. They mentioned that there is a lot of redundant labor for both procedures, so I saved some on the labor by having it done at that time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm pretty interested. Is this one still available? It's so hard finding one that has the rear locker and this one sounds like it was taken great care of for the price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts