Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently run into a problem with my car and it's dashboard display on how many miles I have left before being empty. As much as I can use the actual gas meter, I paid for the car knowing it's enhancements and I would love to figure out how to change it.

Problem: In the middle of my dashboard it displays which radio station I am tuned into and also displays the time. Most importantly, it shows how many miles per gallon I get, 13.6 MPH. I would love to find out how to change the MPG display back to how many miles I have left before running out of gas and my light coming on. If some how I changed the display to MPG then I am assuming I can change it back to the original "Miles left" display.

I have tried reaching out to some Volkswagen technicians only to find that they couldn't find it anywhere in the manual. I have looked myself and haven't found anything either. Maybe someone out there knows something we don't. If you have any ideas, recommendations, or assistance please reply to this forum post. For any further questions I can try posting my cell number throughout the messages on this post.

Thank you for your time,

Written in search of help, Logan Wood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If I do not respond or get notified of your message on this post, please contact me at [[email protected]]. Please only email me helpful ideas, solutions, or tips on how to change my Volkswagen's "miles left" display.

Thank you again for your time.

Written in search of assistance, Logan Wood.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
The center screen you speak of is the MFD Multi Function Display

There are several screens available to view. You change screens by using the < and the > buttons on the wheel. There is a thumb button, see below.

There are 3 screens on the MFD that deal with trips / gas mileage.

When you are on any of these 3 screens, roll and click on the little thumb button to change / select the display options.

Here is the VHS tape that came free with the purchase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts