Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I have a problem with my front left (driver) window regulator. First time when i replaced it the new one went bad in about 1 week, but back then i was sure i mounted it badly or something like that. Now today i got a new regulator (mind that both of them are on the cheaper end if that has anything to do with it), so after replacing it again and aligning the door correctly etc... When i tested how the window moves in the inner frame with the new regulator installed then i would say it was moving easily and smootly in both directions. But still after maybe 10x of moving the window up and down after everything was put back together it started to go down after being almost up and when i move the window up and down i can see the glass slightly moving probably in it's brackets.
My guess is that the glass starts to move in the plastic bracket that the glass is squeezed between, thoughts?

Does someone have any tips on how to do it correctly

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi!
I have a problem with my front left (driver) window regulator. First time when i replaced it the new one went bad in about 1 week, but back then i was sure i mounted it badly or something like that. Now today i got a new regulator (mind that both of them are on the cheaper end if that has anything to do with it), so after replacing it again and aligning the door correctly etc... When i tested how the window moves in the inner frame with the new regulator installed then i would say it was moving easily and smootly in both directions. But still after maybe 10x of moving the window up and down after everything was put back together it started to go down after being almost up and when i move the window up and down i can see the glass slightly moving probably in it's brackets.
My guess is that the glass starts to move in the plastic bracket that the glass is squeezed between, thoughts?

Hi!

As I remember the glass has two holes where the plastic brackets fits into. The plastic bracket is actually two pieces with a piece on the inside and a piece on the outside of the glass.
One of the pieces is not flat but has a raised piece where the bolt goes through and this raised piece fits inside of the hole in the glass. Once the bolt is tightened there should be no way for the glass to move with respect to the plastic bracket. If that description is clear as mud let me know and I can probably find a picture.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I remember the glass has two holes where the plastic brackets fits into. The plastic bracket is actually two pieces with a piece on the inside and a piece on the outside of the glass.
One of the pieces is not flat but has a raised piece where the bolt goes through and this raised piece fits inside of the hole in the glass. Once the bolt is tightened there should be no way for the glass to move with respect to the plastic bracket. If that description is clear as mud let me know and I can probably find a picture.
The description is very clear as i have now done this replacement a second time. In my mind i would think thay maybe there should be a rubber piece also between the yellow bracket that folds around the glass both sides. Had this idea later on because every other regulator i've done (for example mercedes) have had the glass being tightened between a rubber holder which gives it a much more secure fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts