Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my blower motor keeps turning on and off randomly while the fan is turned off. The LCD reads off but the fans turns on and off over and over again and I can't get it to stop. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am actually thinking of buying a scanner but am confused as to what I need. see below what I posted in the vag com forum. maybe someone here knows the answer...

I am confused if I just need a cable and the free software that you can download or if I need an actual scanner. I am trying to scan my 2005 Touareg and also re-porgram certain things that are mentioned on this forum. i would like to be able to change things like turn off and on certain chimes, program key to raise and lower windows and turn off the seat belt chime. I have tried searching but have been unable to find the answer.

Thanks!!

VCDS scan will let you know if it is a short to ground or something.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You could get by on a "hack" that uses VCDS antiquated software version. May or may not disappoint.

Ross-Tech: VCDS: Downloads: Current Release and Manual

The real one is a few hundred dollars.

It's a cable with a chip and the software looks for it and software that is seems to be updated regularly. I've had one since 07.

VCDS can do all module "soft" and "hard" settings but can not "tune" by editing the ECU file.

95% of the settings are safe.

Bad one to mess with is: "Permanent Rev Limit set at 3000RPM" none reversible! Don't mess with that!~

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I'm going to look into what you said. I may have questions later.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts