Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2005 V6 and discovered that the passenger seat was completely stuck, can't move it forwards or backwards at all (unrelated issue, if anyone got tips on how to fix classic manual/non-powered seats, hit me!). While I was digging around in the footwell I noticed that there were a bunch of red wires coming up from beneath the mat, going into a compartment underneat the passenger seat that I didn't even know existed. So I opened it...

Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car Carbon

...And it's a can of worms, but the worms are red, unisolated wires, and some type of knob.

Automotive design Audio equipment Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Cable

I've tried finding out what these are (or were) meant for, the way they protrude from the mat I'm just assuming it's something someone added as a DIY project at some time, but if anyone has a good guess, please do as I'm pretty bad at these things.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Nothing ticking?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...I haven't noticed anything peculiar/modified about the car other than a semi-broken top dash compartment where I found a bluetooth receiver + mic, and I actually got it working after a while. Just gotta find a new compartment with a not-so-broken lid on ebay or something. Then again, they install those bluetooth receivers by disconnecting the cd changer in the rear... right? But the whole wire vibe feels so DIY.

·
Registered
09 TDi
774 Posts
1st thing I'd do is check if any of those are live or a ground, then tape them off...or you could reattach the dynamite and touch the wires together to see what happens

Reactions: tgarder

·
Registered
915 Posts
Can you trace where they are going to?. Looks amateurish so be careful. The knob is a switch, maybe an attempt at a anti theft cutout??. Difficult to say with a bodge job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts