Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Planning on dropping the subframe on my 05 Touareg in order to replace/rebuild the transmission. Would anyone have access to a write up on how to do it?! I'll also be replacing one head on the V8 at this time aswell.

I'll be using a two post lift!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Hi alaskanpiper.
are you replacing head due to warping or ?
gaskets?
do you have a diesel or gasoline Touareg?

adding specific year and model to your profile signature would be helpful.

how long have you owned your Touareg?

using the Advanced Search on the forum might be helpful too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Viking Lady,

I'm replacing the head due to low compression on Cyl #5, it's the 4.2 V8 gasser!! Honestly I just got this car, bought it with known issue with the transmission. I was planning on dropping just the transmission and doing the head in place, but sadly doesn't seem to be an option with these gorgeous vehicles!

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Alaskanpiper.
your 2005 V8 is not the same as the FSI V8 in my 2007/8 even tho both are T1. But did you check codes to determine what is causing #5 low compression?
The T1 Touaregs are luxurious big beasts. Good luck getting yours sorted out and running.

·
Registered
It's not a matter of IF something breaks on the Touareg. It's just a matter of WHEN!
116 Posts
Hey guys,

Planning on dropping the subframe on my 05 Touareg in order to replace/rebuild the transmission. Would anyone have access to a write up on how to do it?! I'll also be replacing one head on the V8 at this time aswell.

I'll be using a two post lift!

Cheers
You'll find everything you need here - Touareg 2003.rar

·
Registered
136 Posts
In the middle of this same project right now (also an '05 V8). The Erwin engine removal instructions are quite thorough. Let me know if you have any questions.

Time lapse of subframe drop -

1 - 9 of 9 Posts