Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Im pretty new to the T-reg world . Been driving a 2005 3.2. had no problems so far until last week.
The problem :
Flooring the gas pedal or while cruising at 120 KMH and want to drop to 4th and accelerate the Reg cutts the throttle off then back on and then back off and on. Depends on how heavy you downshift or accelerate usually cuts off once or twice and then keeps going fine. Keeping your foot on the pedal surley does not help. Releasing and re apllying gas would stop the jittiring. Release a slam your foot back down would have the same problem again.

Finding the problem:
Changed plugs
Changes coils
Re calibrated gas pedal
Cleaned throttle body and sensors

Unfortunately no success so far. Ive looked online here and everywhere else. Cant seem to find to problem. But i still have one more suspect!!

I've noticed that the wires in some places around the car were in a bad shape. Since its been in 40+ degrees Celsius .most of the year for 15 years.
So my thought is that the ignition wiring harness has a bad contact at an unknown point ( looking for a needle in a haystack).
No engine check lights.
Ignition coil connectors look like they have been replaced before.

Please help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought about it, but it never really gave me any indications that there is something wrong with it.
no wierd sounds, no slipping, no wierd changes and goes smooth like butter.
the issue accures only when punching the throttle.
not to mention that there would be a check engine light when it comes to the transmission.
ive since have a new suspect, the fuel pumps
havent figuerd out how to test them first before making sure something is faulty.
since i have no check engine light its like searching for a needle in a stack of hay

if youre intrested to see what comes out from this, i can upload a video of how the Reg behaves while the problem is current

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I had the judder when flooring it. One day Treg just stalled. Scanned it and it said speed sensor g28 was going bad. Replaced it and all good. I will give you the part number later. It’s located near the oil filter. Around 50$.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If this endsup to be true.... I owe you one hell of a package!!!! (Aljeria right ? Eed mubarak bro )

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Actually it’s Morocco :) Thanks.
Here is the link to the speed sensor:

This is OE stuff. You can get a 30/40$ aftermarket alternative to test if it’s expensive on your side. Be careful as you need the A version with a longer cable.
Let us know how it goes. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts