Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front lights, turn signat, horn and wiper stop working after smelling like burnt rubber
I need help trouble shooting
Thanks

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Find a good auto electrician who will come to you or get the car taken to him on a flat bed truck or trailer.

It could be all sorts of things including the insulation coming off the wiring inside the headlight units and shorting out which is a known issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had the same problem, there is no loom or harness you can buy, the dealer wanted $1437.87 for a new (HID) light. I got my nerves, my patience and two rolls of electric tape, see attached photo (not a single wire had intact insulation.
That and replacing two fuses did the trick. All is working fine. I'll be doing the driver side next.

z747pilot

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,813 Posts
Hi z747pilot, One other approach is to unmount one pin at a time and re insulate with heat shrink tubing...takes a little time but works well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi z747pilot, One other approach is to unmount one pin at a time and re insulate with heat shrink tubing...takes a little time but works well.
Hedditch,

I thought of doing that but I was having a problem of figuring out how to pull the pins out. Never too late I'll do it on the left light if you're kind enough to provide me with technical advise on how to do it. Pictures please if you have any.
Also how to pull the fine pins on the park assist loom going to the J446 in the trunk.

Thanks a lot.

z747pilot

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
For the small electrical connectors that you find in the headlight, I can often open them with sewing needles or other shaped devices.

There are tools available. Search Ebay for "Terminal Removal Tool Car Electrical" and you will find examples.

Some Videos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts