Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just bought this vehicle from a friend and i had a few vaccume leaks in my power booster so i got those fixed and on the way home from the mechanic it dropped mph on the highway all the way home. It just would stop accelerating even though i was pushing the gas pedal it would jerk and almost stop as slowing down then it would jerk and accelerate again. It got so bad that i puttered it home and took it to a shop and they called and said its a timing chain issue and my motor is going bad on the inside and it would cost more than the car is worth to fix. I went to pick it up and it drove home just fine. I love this car and its been fine up until now and i dont think its the motor but im clueless. Anyone had this happen ever or know about it?

·
Registered
2005 Touareg V8
136 Posts
Fuel pump issue??? My brother's 05 had this exact issue and I was the one driving when it happened. At high speed on the highway, the accelerator stopped working and mph dropped and when I kept hitting the the gas pedal, it would all of a sudden start working for maybe 2-3 minutes and do the same thing again. It would jerk and start slowing down and then the gas pedal would working again and it would accelerate just like yours is doing. It was the fuel pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts