Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I put a pair of used 22s on my Touareg at the beginning of summer and the car had a shimmy at 45. I had Aranda's in chicago balance them and they got a little better but still shimmy at 55, and different shimmy at different speeds on different roads. I just put on a set of 17s for winter and they are fine. I love the 22s but can't live with the vibrations. Any one know of a dealer or shop in Chicago that is trusted and has the Road Force balance machine. I need to find out if they can be balanced, or if the tire, or actual rim is out of wack. Help..... I can't stand driving with the shimmy as I feel it's adding excessive wear to the suspension.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You may perhaps should get a wheel alignment done with the 22's mounted on the Touareg.... It could be slightly out of line with the larger wheels... Your factory 17's may perhaps have a little bit more 'give' as you have taller sidewalls.

Or, the next thing may be, that the 22's themselves could be slightly warped from the casting/machining, or that the tires are not properly balanced/flawed.

Either way, everything has to be perfect for a smooth high-speed ride. I'd check out your wheels first for balance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts