Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to swap the transmission valve body in my 2004 Touareg V8 tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone had the torque specs for this process? Or a copy of that page of the Bently manual perhaps that listed them?

Also, does anyone know off the top of their head the size of the big allen for the fill plug?

I have read all the great DIYs on here for this process (even got all the other fluids and timing belt changed thanks to their help), but I havent come across any that mentioned the actual torque specs. When in doubt, there is always "güdentite" but i'd rather do it right if possible. Thanks!

·
Registered
531 Posts
GetSlideways, here is the info from my Bentley Repair Manual, remove oil pan, loosen bolts in diagonal pattern, oil pan bolts
8Nm, drain plug 20 Nm. Valve body- remove oil filter, oil filter bolts 10 Nm. Carefully pull off the connectors for automatic transmission hydraulic pressure sensors 1 G193 & 2 G194. Remove connector bolt & carefully release connector and pull off.
Transmission fluid temperature sensor G 93 must be tightened to 10Nm. Remove valve body bolts in diagonal sequence.
Tightening specification 8Nm + 90 degree. Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal. Hope this helps

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was wondering if anyone had the torque specs for this process?
The only one I remember worrying about was the torque spec for tightening the fasteners that hold the valve-body in place. I asked the guys at Reamman what they use and he told me "about a 100 inch-pounds". I bought a new 1/4" torque wrench to be able to go that low just for that job.

For the pan I just used something similar - basic torque for an M6 stud or whatever size it is should be fine.

Hope that helps. I still own the car and never had any more trouble with shifting since that job.

-Richard

·
Registered
531 Posts
Slideways I forgot to add small trans pan bolt is a M10, torque spec 20Nm, large bolt is a M24, torque spec 70Nm.
Let us know how the project goes!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts