Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently ran into the 30 second stall issue with my Touareg. From lots of research and very very valuable advice from some of the members I have identified the issue to be the passenger (right) side, Fuel Pump.
In addition to changing the fuel pump I am also replacing the fuel filter, following instruction from some members I have disassembled the filter assembly and removed the element.
(in process I had gasoline spray all over the interior and in my face)
I have taken the filter to O'reilly Auto and to AutoZone but neither have been able to find a replacement. Is there a part number for an element that would fit this application?
Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
replacement

I Replaced my filter with this one from ebay:
Fuel Filter Insert for 2004 to 2006 VW Touareg V6 V8 Audi Q7 Others | eBay
It works fine but be aware of the seal inside the filter housing. It doesn't come with the seal and its easy to pinch when you put the housing back together.
Mine has a small cut, I haven't had luck finding a replacement or the time to match one up. I get a delay on starting if the touareg has sits for more than a few hours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 2003 V8 Touareg and have the same issue with passenger fuel pump, I have removed the relay temporarily to disable secondary (passenger) fuel pump to eliminate issue for now.

I have been looking to purchase the part but can only find 2004 parts and none of these suppliers are able to confirm if it will fit my car or not. Obviously can get part number but wanting to see if someone can provide further explanation.

Cheers

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 2003 V8 Touareg and have the same issue with passenger fuel pump, I have removed the relay temporarily to disable secondary (passenger) fuel pump to eliminate issue for now. I have been looking to purchase the part but can only find 2004 parts and none of these suppliers are able to confirm if it will fit my car or not. Obviously can get part number but wanting to see if someone can provide further explanation. Cheers
I don't think there will be any difference between 2003 and 2004 model year on fuel filter.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also so it looks like 2003 will fit, it's just suppliers will commonly only mention 2004 - 2007. BUT I know it's the secondary fuel pump, which in AUS is the left fuel pump, is this true for left hand drive vehicles or would it be opposing?

Any definitive answers would be great :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi can any one help

My 2004/5 V8 Touareg has a problem with loosing power. I am on a road trip and I experience this loss of power , almost as if there is a fuel starvation, after about 100miles of travel.
If I turn the motor off and wait a few minutes all seems good for about 60 miles then the same problem starts up again!

Any advice ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts