Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My V6 Petrol Touareg stalls soon after starting. The check engine came on showing P0103 which is MAF high output.

MAF cleaned - no change, MAF replaced (got a cheap one) - no change

Could it be, throttle body? or the one under the accelerator?

Or is this the fuel pump (s) dying, thanks

Paul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After spending some time on this, it's looking more like a fuel pump related issue. When I remove the relay from the rear right of the fuse box the car continues to run, I have no idea why this would be? but I read somewhere else that it is possible to drive the car for a short distance this way.

When I do this the right-hand pump runs continuously and the car runs normally. Does this mean the pumps are working and there is some kind of blockage either in the strainer or the filter? I notice that on some other posts they mention that the pumps do not fail often.

Paul

·
Registered
448 Posts
main fuel pump in under the left rear seat. just did this job. both pump's access panels need pulled to access line connections.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, I have confirmed this by getting the car to run by hitting the underside of the fuel tank that keeps the engine running, (hard to do when you are driving) .
I assume you replaced the filter as well?

thanks

Paul

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
You do not want to go back to replace the other stuff in 6 months. Replace both pumps and the fuel filter if you have to open the tank up.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts